Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Friend Forum > Other friendships

Other friendships Best friends, ex-friends, or any other friends

Old December 21st, 2016, 03:40 PM

Catwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Need some advice on not repeating mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayKay View Post
Not sure which in-laws she wouldn't like if she has never been married and has no kids. Maybe a sibling's spouse?
Id say anyone thats missed out on her has dodged a bullet for sure!!.
Old December 21st, 2016, 08:43 PM

Wandarlust is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Not sure which in-laws she wouldn't like if she has never been married and has no kids. Maybe a sibling's spouse?
According to her she has one brother who is married and she doesn't like her SIL. But she has changed stories on many things she talks about. (3 different explanations about why she retired at 50!) So, not sure if you can believe anything she says.

But, I haven't heard from her in close to two months so maybe she got the message.
Old December 21st, 2016, 11:01 PM
is never to loud.

Knot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catwoman View Post
I think you have been targetted by a moocher and an idiot.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

I think I'm mellowing out. Scary!
Old December 22nd, 2016, 10:17 AM

Catwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandarlust View Post

But, I haven't heard from her in close to two months so maybe she got the message.

We can only hope shes finally got the message and realised she cant string you along anymore. I wouldnt believe a word this person says if I were you. You are very lucky to have gotten rid of her,now just keep it up. Dont answer the door to her and dont stop to talk at all if you see her,you are now very busy.... no communication with her is the key....none what so ever. She will have found her next victim,thats why shes leaving you alone also.
Old December 22nd, 2016, 02:29 PM

Quote:
We can only hope shes finally got the message and realised she cant string you along anymore. I wouldnt believe a word this person says if I were you. You are very lucky to have gotten rid of her,now just keep it up. Dont answer the door to her and dont stop to talk at all if you see her,you are now very busy.... no communication with her is the key....none what so ever. She will have found her next victim,thats why shes leaving you alone also.
Oh, I intend to. But her explosive temper and anger is what concerns me a lot too. She has stated in the past that she should have let some driver that cut her off hit her b/c she would sue them. Really mad about it. And, the people who live here that didn't keep their dogs on leashes (there is a leash law) she's confronted them in the parking/common area before. And further stated if one of them bites her she's suing them. And she has the nerve to call me a nut case. ROFLOL
Old December 22nd, 2016, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandarlust View Post
Oh, I intend to. But her explosive temper and anger is what concerns me a lot too. She has stated in the past that she should have let some driver that cut her off hit her b/c she would sue them. Really mad about it. And, the people who live here that didn't keep their dogs on leashes (there is a leash law) she's confronted them in the parking/common area before. And further stated if one of them bites her she's suing them. And she has the nerve to call me a nut case. ROFLOL

You have had a very lucky escape indeed....feel sorry for her next victims.
Old December 22nd, 2016, 04:00 PM

Quote:
You have had a very lucky escape indeed....feel sorry for her next victims.
I have one other question for those reading this post. Given her temper and disposition, should this be reported to the rental office? I do not say this with the thought in mind that they could do anything about it or reprimand her or something like that. She didn't threaten me or anyone else with harm. I also don't really have a desire to get her in trouble. But it concerns me that these problems could escalate in the future. Not with me personally, but that she is on a path to worse and potentially harmful behavior if she doesn't get help with her temper.

Maybe that sounds far reaching to some of you, but in many cases where some one exhibits violent behavior you ultimately find out that they had anger problems, troubles with neighbors, co-workers, etc.

So I really wish there was some way to formally have a record of her angry outbursts and odd behavior, not just my word and a couple of angry emails. Any thoughts or suggestions?
Old December 22nd, 2016, 04:11 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

Oh no, I'd back calmly out of the door. She hasn't done anything illegal or destroyed property or threatened anyone. Reporting her for being strange and having a bad temper will just be stirring the pot, and benefits no one. The complex management has no more control over her behavior than you do and are unable to help with her temper issues.

When she crosses the line into behavior that is of questionable legality you can go to the authorities.

Wash your hands of this one, and honestly... I'd start looking in to the possibility of moving if I were you.
Old December 22nd, 2016, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Oh no, I'd back calmly out of the door. She hasn't done anything illegal or destroyed property or threatened anyone. Reporting her for being strange and having a bad temper will just be stirring the pot, and benefits no one. The complex management has no more control over her behavior than you do and are unable to help with her temper issues.

When she crosses the line into behavior that is of questionable legality you can go to the authorities.

Wash your hands of this one, and honestly... I'd start looking in to the possibility of moving if I were you.
You are right KayKay. Nothing illegal to report. But it wouldn't surprise me to see her on the news, that's for sure. LOL I will just have to steer clear of her. If she's as out there as I think she is, she'll most likely trip herself up anyway.

I'm not sure moving will be necessary as perhaps she will find a way to move. Let's hope so. But, I do plan on moving perhaps a year or so from this coming April.
Old December 31st, 2016, 02:18 AM

Just thought I'd give all of you who have been so kind as to comment and suggest ways to handle my situation a little update.

Yesterday evening, I was coming up the stairs to my floor. Neighbor lives on the next floor. Our individual units are enclosed; you need a key to get on each floor and then to get into your apartment of course. Well, while coming up the stairs to my floor, I heard the door on the next level open and close but no one came down. I knew immediately. I continued up the stairs, entered my floor and into my apartment. I then looked thru the peep hole. Sure 'nough, there comes the neighbor down the stairs.

She waited so she wouldn't have to see me. She's done this in the past when we've had blow outs. So I can only conclude that she has a big "bark" but scurries off like a little mouse once confronted. Geez!

Have a happy and healthy 2017 everyone!