Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Friend Forum > Other friendships

Other friendships Best friends, ex-friends, or any other friends

Old July 29th, 2015, 03:00 PM

Catwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond repute
Crazy beliefs friends have!!

I think I have heard it all now lol. Yesterday a friend came to visit and she had an unusual bracelet on. (not the birthday invite people in the other thread)I asked her what it was?. She said it was a special one that contained crystals that had special powers to unblock energy from your body, unblock your cells and stop your cells from clustering in your body which slowed your health, healing and well being, also blocking radio waves from power pylons ( I couldn't see a crystal on it, it was just black cord with a black square thing on the top of it). She also said her and her husband had purchased necklaces for about $100 each that block radio waves and radiation from your body. They had also bought a small pyramid from the same website that shields your home 80kms around from bad energy and more radio waves. She said she had also bought a sticker that goes on your mob phone that stops radio waves getting into your body and causing cancer etc...that cost $50.. They are into crystal healing now which is quite interesting, and the gems are beautiful...but I quietly thought this radiation thing was a bit loopy la la. Its up to them what they want to believe, but I couldn't help but feel they had been sucked in. She said her husband bought all this stuff off the same website....I think he's the one who has got her into this stuff.

I wanted to say there is actually no research that proves you can get any cancer from a mobile ph or a microwave oven, and the pyramid thing,and the jewellery??...ummm...hahahaha!!!....but I held my tongue.....I had a hard time stopping myself from bursting out laughing lol.....she is also a smoker, I wanted to say, what about the damage you are doing to your body doing that??.....as she smoked a few cigs in front of me.

She said she was introduced to all of this by her husband, hes a bit of a strange guy, he goes off on tangents and gets heavily into something, gets bored and moves onto something else. Last time it was that he had found God, and started trying to evangelize everyone. My friend wasn't into that and left it up to him, he got sick of it and now hes onto crystals. She idolises him, but hes a pretty selfish narcissistic personality, who doesn't care much about her really. He's treated her badly in the past, threatening her, putting her down etc, and basically lived off her, and is very controlling. She said things are going ok now for them, but I don't like him, I even told her so a couple of times.I think she has been sucked in by him too sadly..

I just sent her a link about how this sort of thing is not true and that it cant be, its from a site dispelling myths about all these items being sold, backed up by scientific reasoning that you cant block radio waves with anything on a different and high frequency in this way, which is quite simple really.I said I just wanted her to be informed, and not scammed by anyone as she is my friend. It may not go down well, who knows. At least she wont try to get me to buy this stuff and knows my views on the matter. Its a load of rubbish.

We are good friends but, sometimes its funny what they come out with lol....I think I have a better chance of finding Nessie.

Last edited by Catwoman; July 29th, 2015 at 06:00 PM.
Old July 29th, 2015, 06:52 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Crazy beliefs friends have!!

Rofl

He who ignores history is condemed to repeat it!
(it also means you weren't smart enough to learn from your mistakes )
Old July 30th, 2015, 03:52 PM

Catwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Re: Crazy beliefs friends have!!

I have just been thinking how could anyone believe such rubbish?,her ideas seem to get more bizarre and weird each time I talk to her....I feel like Im losing my respect for her a little lately tbh.Shes the one that turns up to people's houses for a visit, brings nothing,expects to be fed and coffeed,claims she has no money and pulls out a new packet of cigs. Her and her husband are both pipe dreamers,always with some big ideas when they visit,that never amount to anything.....they harp on about working for themselves (neither of them actually do), creating a lifestyle you really want, selling their house for another one in a better situation ,when their home is very run down,and has had no maintenance done for years. But none of her plans ever get started even. They dont have any money, and became behind on the mortgage payments previously. She even rang me hinting for help for this, but I didnt bite.I just didnt think Id see the money again.Absolutely up to them what they do, I dont care either way, I guess Im getting sick of hearing it.
She admitted her husband does drugs and drinks a lot,something she kept from me for a few years,that only came out recently,so that would explain the day dreaming and non achieving. She admitted they had a drinking problem when they met a few years ago. She said recently her own family dont have much time for her, as she never has any money.She was angry her sisters organised a get together without inviting her and she found out, but I know its because they always pay for her, as she admitted. She claims she doesnt drink now,which Im not quite sure about.Shes always talking her husband up,saying hes so good looking, but in reality I think hes an absolute idiot, who talks rubbish 99% of the time.

Shes a pleasant person, just a bit misguided and deluded I think. She always talks herself up to being more than what she is,and claims people are jealous of her relationship,thats why the friendships dont work out?..that they are quite choosey with their friends,but really I think people cant be bothered. We talk once a week on the ph, and I only see her about once a year, but I have to say Im less bothered to make the effort now...sad I know, I think Im a bit sick of hearing nonsense....I always meet people who are not what they pretend to be in the beginning??!!.

She would often ring me telling me what her husband had done to her, how he had left her,hearing the big story over and over ,then it was all over and then 3 days later back together again. I once told her to get rid of him and improve her life,as I had had enough.I got sick of hearing that tbh as well. I probably dont sound like a good friend,but Im a bit over other people's drama,when they do nothing to help themselves....maybe other people have felt the same with her in the past Im thinking....this woman is 51 I might add, not 18 as it sounds like....This week she was harping that she was looking for another property to buy and sell her home she has..blah blah...I decided shes ok in smaller doses.....with distance in between.....lucky we live 1 hr away from each other.

Last edited by Catwoman; July 30th, 2015 at 04:41 PM.
Old August 4th, 2015, 08:09 AM
is never to loud.

Knot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond repute

I know a gal who believes in fairies and sprites. She'll actually reach out and act like she's plucking them from the air. She reads auras too.

<shrug> Each to their own I guess.
Old August 4th, 2015, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knot2loud View Post

<shrug> Each to their own I guess.
Yes I agree, it just depends if you want to listen to it I suppose. I just find my friend is getting a bit more weird each time talk to her lol. Im having trouble finding common ground sometimes. That determines whether you bother with people too I think.
Old August 9th, 2015, 04:42 PM

So its been two weeks now since we have spoken to each other, considering we normally speak every week on the phone. I think my friend has got the pip with me,due to me disagreeing with her radiowave protecting jewellery,and her pyramid protecting the house lol, but I don't mind not speaking to her much actually,as its a lot of garble now with her. She has also deleted a pic I took of us at my home on the day of her visit, I shared it to her FB page, I noticed its now gone.She would have told her husband I thought the radio wave /pyramid bizzo was a load of tripe,and he would have done his best to isolate her from me too,as he does with her other friends. She would be saying that because I don't support her,shes in a huff now...well that's ok too.Shes totally in some kind of dream world.I didn't bother to ring her myself,I actually was secretly hoping she wouldn't either. She always seems to steer the conversation in her direction and rambles how she is so busy, and too busy with her husband to talk to others sometimes. Thats fine with me, not my life.She has said many times she believes she lost a few friends when she got together with her husband as they are just jealous of her, that even her sister was coming onto him in front of her,because hes so good looking lol,that her and her husband are now very selective who they have in their lives....but I don't think so lol.......its quite sad considering he couldn't really care less about her, he left his wife for her, is an undischarged bankrupt dodging child support who let her take the mortgage on the house, saying he wasn't interested in owning a home and would just pay her as a border would, and couldn't help anyway....very strange. He has left her a few times trying to break it off in recent years, yet she is so hung up on him??,they get back together in about 3 days each time.I gave up listening to it.She doesnt really have any friends she sees to be honest. She rang a friend from my place last time to visit on the way home from my place,a friend she said she hadn't seen in 12 years,and that friend put her off saying she had visitors and had to go,I noticed her friend never asked for her contact details to call later,the phone call just ended, its got me thinking maybe people have got annoyed with her in the past.I have decided to make less of an effort than I have been and see what happens....if she rings I will talk, otherwise I wont be bothered to make an effort.

I guess Im over the sponging and constant taking,and nonsense talk from her.

Last edited by Catwoman; August 10th, 2015 at 02:19 PM.
Old August 10th, 2015, 02:32 PM

I have been doing some interesting reading on the subject of mooching friends and people who take advantage of you. I think my friend has always been like this,I just have been a bit blind to it. I read that these types are always quite selfish and go on about themselves, they think the world revolves around them. My friend certainly does,as she raves about herself and her husband whenever I ring her. They either are this way because of learning it as a child or choose to be it as an adult. The types that learn it as a child have had to live frugally and its not really their fault they carry it on. But the other types that choose it are the ones who make bad budget choices and just expect everyone to pick up the tab for them, because they should be so graced by their good company. I think my friend is the latter. My friend told me she shelled out 3k on an operation for one of her animals (she has so many she cant afford). Then bought this rediculous jewellery that is supposed to protect her from harm. She always has a new packet of cigs in front of me (I dont smoke),while she harps she has no money,and having yet another visit at my house eating my food and drink again.

How could I be so stupid really??, I think she probably saw me as easy game all these years. I have been generous with her many times in all the time Ive known her. Her and husband have always arrived with nothing to our lunch and dinner invites etc,always saying thank you and being appreciative, but leaving with full bellies. I think I have finally woken up to it. This last visit has been a clarifying moment for me in a strange way.

What would you do in my situation?,would even keep bothering with someone like this?. I find I dont really value what she has to say, its a whole lot of self absorbed rambling,and now her latest set of beliefs makes me doubt her even more, its a joke really, I cant take her seriously lol. How would you feel?, my friend's own family are mad with her for doing this type of thing to them even,they dont bother inviting her to family stuff she told me.....would be interesting to know...I guess Im trying to figure out if I want to stay friends really?

Last edited by Catwoman; August 10th, 2015 at 03:03 PM.
Old August 10th, 2015, 03:23 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

Well, that's really the question. Do you want to stay friends with her?

You could probably put up boundaries (no invites to dinner, meet all of her complaints about being broke with a discussion about what kind of job she'd be good at, etc.) but is it worth the effort to do that? What does she bring to the friendship?
Old August 10th, 2015, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayKay View Post
Well, that's really the question. Do you want to stay friends with her?

You could probably put up boundaries (no invites to dinner, meet all of her complaints about being broke with a discussion about what kind of job she'd be good at, etc.) but is it worth the effort to do that? What does she bring to the friendship?
Good call, but I dont think it would do any good to confront her about anything. She got angry at her sisters for shunning her when she goes to family gatherings and lunch dates. She told me she was so angry at them,and who did they think they were?,she said she knows its because she cant afford anything etc. She said they were unfair excluding her, and what right did they have?.So its not like she doesnt know.

I had her over for the last visit two weeks ago,and found myself listening to her waffle about her big life plans (that always come to nothing) plans she recons I should be following in lol. She does have a job she works from home at as a marketer on the phone etc,so she does earn money.She recons she just has none after paying everything like her mortgage etc,harping her husband doesnt help her much with the bills,but then she comes out with expensive things she pays for that suit her as Ive mentioned.She talks but doesnt listen half the time,and is very self absorbed.

Ive decided for now Im just going to lay low, Im not going to make any effort, even phoning,as I cant be bothered listening to her really. We dont live very close, thats the reason we only actually visit about once or twice a year....even though we have been phoning each week. I know shes most likely mad at me for discounting her current mad loopy beliefs,but too bad, I speak my mind,and I did it in a way that was non offensive, telling her I didnt want her to be scammed by anyone.

I guess Ive only just seen what an opportunistic friend she is. That she can just wait for others to pick up the tab....its got worse over the 6 years I have known her.Shes a pleasant caring person, and we have had great conversations in the past. But lately I feel Im slowly losing my respect I guess. During our last visit at my place I was thinking quietly to myself that I dont agree with what she says, and its a load of hogwash.

I will just pull back and see if she bothers,because Im not going to....it might just die a slow death this way anyway.

Last edited by Catwoman; August 10th, 2015 at 04:23 PM.
Old August 10th, 2015, 06:15 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

sometimes we outgrow friends or they outgrow us

it sounds as if she had changed enough that you don't have much in common anymore

He who ignores history is condemed to repeat it!
(it also means you weren't smart enough to learn from your mistakes )