Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Friend Forum > Other friendships

Other friendships Best friends, ex-friends, or any other friends

Old March 8th, 2015, 05:52 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute
Re: About to end this friendship before Xmas

Ugh. I'm so sorry. I hate when the kids have to be involved. The good news for your kids is that they didn't like the other boy anyway, so no worries for them.

I have a friend who had a falling out with her longtime best friend with whom she had been attached at the hip. It crushed her, but I also felt very sorry for her son who also lost HIS best friend as a result. I don't think my friend ever realized how much damage it did to him. It really changed his personality.
Old March 8th, 2015, 06:18 PM

Catwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond repute
Re: About to end this friendship before Xmas

Hi Kaykay....yes after everything thats happened, it is a bit sad.

I really think my ex friend's boy misses my two. I wouldn't stop them playing together at a public park or place, its really their choice, I also commended them on not being rude or nasty, which they aren't like that anyway. It's just he sort of annoyed my two when we went around there, by constantly telling tales on them, moaning etc, and moaned my two werent nice to him. When I investigated all this I realised, it was all unfounded, and just an attempt at attention seeking in that boys own home, which is a bit babyish I think. I said to him one day,why was nothing said to me on the day?? I dont think hes too used to playing with anyone. My two are always well behaved at other people's homes, and if there is a complaint I investigate it immediately and unbiased ready to tell my own two off if need be.

He probably went home and told his Mum my two werent that interested in talking to him, one day she might realise its actually all her fault, her son lost two potentially good friends, its also not realistic for them to all be friends now anyway,as Im not interested in seeing his Mum, I could never go back to being friends even if she apologised because I know what shes really like, hindsight is a great thing!!....oh well their loss.

Will be interesting to see if he starts frequenting our park in our street to see if he can befriend them again??....never know what kids are thinking??

Last edited by Catwoman; March 8th, 2015 at 06:46 PM.