Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Friend Forum > Other friendships

Other friendships Best friends, ex-friends, or any other friends

Old August 13th, 2011, 06:20 PM

Luna is on a distinguished road
A Friend what likes what I Like

Hi, im new

This may seem weird but I have this friend, a pretty good friend but we do argue sometimes and have different views on things, but recently I started watching this i REALLY love and then my friend started watching it, since then ive been really put off by the show and dont have much excitment to watch it.

This isn't just with TV shows its everything that I may enjoy very much, the only idea I could come to is that if my friend likes what I like that means we must see the same way on many other things which I wouldn't like, any ideas ?
Old August 13th, 2011, 07:14 PM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute
Re: A Friend what likes what I Like

It sounds like you want some things to just be yours. You like being a little different from your friend. When you share something with her, it's no longer yours. She likes it, too, and you no longer feel different from her.

Keep a few things to yourself. If you want to keep some things just for yourself, then don't tell her about them.

Last edited by LucyVanPelt; August 14th, 2011 at 05:06 PM. Reason: typo
Old August 14th, 2011, 03:53 PM

Mrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe your enthusiasm is contagious? - I want to see the show too, now.
Old August 15th, 2011, 02:37 PM

Luna is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the help people ! ill try and keep things to myself and see if that helps
Old August 17th, 2011, 03:10 AM

Priscille will become famous soon enough

Hi Luna!

Good luck with your friend!

People think I'm weird... but I actually love when people do things like me, or wear the same things, or like the same things because somehow I feel like I actually have good taste if others want the same too!!!
Old August 17th, 2011, 06:10 AM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

I've heard that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. All I know is that the two times in my life I got super cool shoes and had a friend (two different friends) immediately run out and buy the exact same pair, I did not feel flattered.
Old August 17th, 2011, 06:39 AM

Priscille will become famous soon enough

You've got copycat shoe friends!!!!
Old August 17th, 2011, 08:12 AM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a shoe-aholic, and I sometimes "fall in love" with a pair of shoes that I just HAVE to buy. Both of the pairs in question were "fall in love" shoes. The first pair was a pair of red Keds in college in the 80's. They were very much "my" personality, and the day I bought them (excited to wear them to a party that night) a girl two doors down in the dorm ran out and bought the same pair and wore them to the party. (Thirty years later - I'm still ticked about it and I haven't seen the girl since graduation) The second pair was only about 10 years ago - a pair of Kenneth Cole black slides with a really unique, funky heel. My next door neighbor (who was kind of stalkerish anyway) caught me pulling into my driveway and asked where I had been/what I had bought. I didn't even get them in the house before she was in her car going to buy a pair. (Luckily she decided to return them because they didn't fit her foot well)

Both of those experiences really creeped me out, I don't know why. But anyway, I know how Luna feels. It's almost embarrassing to complain about something like that ("She bought shoes just like mine!" "She likes the same TV show I do!") but at the same time, it's as though someone is trying to steal a little bit of what makes me unique.
Old August 17th, 2011, 05:27 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayKay View Post
My next door neighbor (who was kind of stalkerish anyway) caught me pulling into my driveway and asked where I had been/what I had bought. I didn't even get them in the house before she was in her car going to buy a pair.
Ya gotta tell this story....please....

Be glad I'm not in your neighborhood - if your shoes came up missing form your closet....don't look under my bed or in my closet

He who ignores history is condemed to repeat it!
(it also means you weren't smart enough to learn from your mistakes )
Old August 17th, 2011, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snafu View Post
Ya gotta tell this story....please....
Not much to tell. When we first moved to town our next door neighbor, also relatively new to town, was a lonely extrovert. We both had kids approximately the same ages, so she struck up a friendship. She was a very nice lady, but way too high maintenance for an introvert like me. Our driveway went between our houses, and when she saw me pull out of the garage one Saturday without previously mentioning plans, she was curious. When I got home, she was watering the lawn by our driveway or something and stopped me. Told her "shoe sale" and showed her my acquisition and she dropped what she was doing to go get a pair.

We moved within 2 years of buying that house.