Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Friend Forum > Other friendships

Other friendships Best friends, ex-friends, or any other friends

Old April 4th, 2009, 02:47 AM

cw680 is on a distinguished road
Re: Is this Normal

Right we went up the pub and i meet some new nice people and we all had a laugh and that.

But i was very shy around them when they were talking to me i was to nervos to say or anything or tried not to say the wrong thing. They were g8 guys but i just need to talk more but i was shy and i'm hoping that this does not make them think about me
Old April 4th, 2009, 12:11 PM

CrazyHappyDancer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cw680 View Post
Right we went up the pub and i meet some new nice people and we all had a laugh and that.

But i was very shy around them when they were talking to me i was to nervos to say or anything or tried not to say the wrong thing. They were g8 guys but i just need to talk more but i was shy and i'm hoping that this does not make them think about me
That's great news that you actually went out with them. Think about it this way. I was considered different, odd, weird and a social problem when I was in my young teens. I was a big tomboy and my peers never really liked me except for two very good friends of mine. You see, back then I had so many issues too. I would uncomfortable talking about body changes, boys and just about any normal thing that a teenager goes thru. I just did not have self-confidence and I felt that nobody really cared anyway. Until I finally discovered sense of humor. I have met people who were simply all for laughing at themselves. It wasn't such a bad idea and that's how I really started seeing myself in a different light. I decided to join the theater club, the glee club and the softball team...

And then you know what? Thats when I met my first boyfriend. hehehehe
Old April 5th, 2009, 03:17 AM

With me lol i hope this did not make them think. we were talking about loads of stuff and having jokes and that. when they asked me questions i just got very shy and did not know what to say. it did make me fell better about myself but i'm hoping that last night has not affected any future friendships as i was a bit quite and shy but then again i did not know them well and did not know what to talk about.

hopefully it all be fine when i start doing more stuff and get more confident and comfortable around them
Old April 5th, 2009, 11:49 AM

i was speaking to him asking can we chill out one day like play football and he said Yeah we see i can't do much at the mo as of my head (had an accicent)

so does this sound promising
Old April 6th, 2009, 04:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cw680 View Post
i was speaking to him asking can we chill out one day like play football and he said Yeah we see i can't do much at the mo as of my head (had an accicent)

so does this sound promising
Looks like you got yourself a good start. All you need to do is start being comfortable with yourself and then you'll be better.
Old April 6th, 2009, 04:35 AM

i don't know wheather to text him and ask him if his free as i don't wanna sound despate or annoying
Old April 6th, 2009, 07:23 AM

Go ahead and ask him.... maybe something that would sound like: " am looking at football this weekend or something. Wanna join me?"

Hope this helps.
Old April 6th, 2009, 08:46 AM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

I think you're overthinking it. Why are you so nervous about what this guy thinks about you? Sometimes people get uncomfortable when other people are trying too hard.
Old April 6th, 2009, 09:12 AM

Lizzie will become famous soon enough

You could do just what KayKay says...nice and casual.

By the way do ya mind me asking you your age?
Old April 7th, 2009, 03:33 AM

I'm 19 and i tell you my story

when i was 16 i had loads of friends and mates had a swell Life and everything was good. at 17 i was arrested by the met police and charged with some serious crimes (Life in the UK). When i apporched my friends for help and support they did not wanna know me and i still find it hard to this day why they did this. On the Monday 7th april 2008 i was on trail and on Thursday 10th april the jury returned Not guilty verdicts.

This has messed up my life as at the end of the day i only have him as an close mate and don't wanna lose him. his introducing me to his mates and his mates are very nice people. but i just fell very insecure as i don't want to lose more mates.

the last time we went up the pub back in feb i was placed on citalopram and i was very down and not very talkative but last friday i was happy, laughing and talking to a lot of his mates. which i hope one day will grow into good friendships

They seem very jokefull and enteritaing guys but i have low condifdence which makes me put myself down and i wanna be mates with them but i don't think they wanna know me unless i get more confident.

my mate is the only one who knows and his mates don't know anything.

When they talked about my ex and asked how i meet her i had to lie as i could not say "i meet her through my trail as shes my barristers daughter" so my mate just said chris's know her dad and they asked how i knew her dad and ofcource i just said dads mate. i know i should of not lied to them about meeting my ex but i don't want them to know about my past as i wanna forget it