Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > Around the House > Hobbies and Crafts

Hobbies and Crafts A place for crafting and other hobbies

Old January 4th, 2010, 08:05 AM

saffron035 is on a distinguished road
Re: Cross Stitching

Well, thats more money i've spent. I found a similar kit from an English supplier who sells French kits?? Its called Red Crockery. They had a sale on so i thought i might aswell buy La patisserie which also looked good. Don't think i need to shop for kits for about 10 years now!!
Thanks for your kind offer of the pattern. xxxxxx
Old January 4th, 2010, 01:07 PM

Scattered is on a distinguished road

Is it the one at sewandso.uk? If so, very nice! I suspect the same designer as they are very similar (A Tidy Kitchen as well). Also, I don't know if you've dealt with sewandso before but if not you needn't worry- I've always had excellent service and reasonable shipping charges with them. I really like their furniture kits- the armchair, chest of drawers etc- but I just don't think I'd want to actually live with them when they were done as they wouldn't really suit our home.
Old February 10th, 2010, 07:43 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

I used to make baby blankets years ago, the last one I made was about 13+ yr ago - when I could find them at Wally -World. Where can you find them now? And patterens for novices?
Old February 14th, 2010, 08:34 PM

Scattered is on a distinguished road

Do you mean the afghans? I used to get them at Walmart too but they discontinued their stitching stuff- maybe JoAnn's? Certainly Hobby Lobby or Herrschner's. Really any small collection of patterns would work as long as they were about the same size but there are the sweetest Pooh pattern books- let me see if I can find a link quickly to give you an idea... aha! Janlynn has a whole category of them from simple to not so:
http://janlynn.com/results.cfm?SubCa...1&Desc=Afghans
I think those are all kits but I know they also have just the pattern books at Hobby Lobby.