Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Family Forum > Parents

Old December 28th, 2014, 09:02 PM

annesch is on a distinguished road
Re: Close to breaking point because of awful mother.

I will look that up Snafu! I'm sure at some point I'll feel like initiating contact, but will rely on my husband & friends for support and not initiate. It's hard to break years of indoctrination.
Old December 29th, 2014, 02:07 PM

Tcvan is on a distinguished road

Ooohhhh my word! Your mother sounds EXACTLY like my mother. Unfortunately, your mom is a toxic person. She will always be your mom, but for your own well-being I would advise cutting her from your life. No one is going to change her, she can only do that. And maybe the isolation will make her realize what she's doing.
I'm 23 years old, and only NOW I'm feeling some stability to my life without my mother (away from her for 3 years). Having my mother in my life was literally killing me. All I could think of was dying. I've always been skinny, but my mom would call me anorexic. And would always make me feel ugly. I could never look her in the eye because she would tell me how ugly I look by picking on every little thing.
Focus on your life. She's not your responsibility. Live your life. Be there for your family that's been hurt by your mother. Never acknowledge a bully mother. She might do anything to get your attention, but hold your ground. Be strong! Keep moving forward
Old December 29th, 2014, 03:57 PM

annesch is on a distinguished road

Tcvan Couldn't agree more. I plan on not looking back. My cousin informed me of some horrid things she said about me yesterday. Told my cousin that in the future, I'm not interested ! But somehow hearing how she only talked about money and my perceived wrongs has made my resolve grow stronger!
Old December 29th, 2014, 04:02 PM

Tcvan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by annesch View Post
Tcvan Couldn't agree more. I plan on not looking back. My cousin informed me of some horrid things she said about me yesterday. Told my cousin that in the future, I'm not interested ! But somehow hearing how she only talked about money and my perceived wrongs has made my resolve grow stronger!
Good girl!