Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Family Forum > In-laws

Closed Thread

Old November 1st, 2009, 03:18 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New Thread for Seeking Sensibility

Moderator hat on also:

LadyLove, I don't think any of us, including Creme, have construed SeekingSensibilities comments as mean-spirited. As a reminder, the forum rules state:

Quote:
While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness. No personal attacks of any kind will be tolerated. Respect other members of the community and donít belittle, make fun off, or insult another member.
Old November 1st, 2009, 08:53 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyLove View Post
[b]No, I believe that you were trying to get a rise out of her. I do not believe that you were being considerate of her feelings when you posted that remark. I am surprised that the forum monitors allows that comment to stay there since it is offensive to members suffering with MS.
On the contrary, LL. The "forum monitors" read SS's post as being well wishes. Many of us have posted similar, genuine sentiments towards Creme. All of us wish for Creme to have nothing but good days.
Old November 2nd, 2009, 06:38 AM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute

I have nothing to add to this thread. I just hate where it is going.
Old November 2nd, 2009, 06:44 AM

Lizzie will become famous soon enough

I agree with Lucy..its making me shudder just reading the comments
Can it not be closed by all involved please?
Old November 2nd, 2009, 08:04 AM

Cremebrulee has much to be proud ofCremebrulee has much to be proud ofCremebrulee has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzie View Post
I agree with Lucy..its making me shudder just reading the comments
Can it not be closed by all involved please?
Why? this is the first time you've contributed to the thread? What makes you shudder? And why would you request it be closed?

Last edited by Cremebrulee; November 2nd, 2009 at 08:08 AM.
Old November 2nd, 2009, 09:05 AM

Lots of us haven't contributed to the thread because we had nothing to say. That does not mean that we have enjoyed reading the arguing and personal attacks that have been posted. My PM box has many complaints in it. The negative attitude of this thread affects every forum member, whether they post in this thread or not.

I agree completely with Lucy and Lizzie. This thread has degraded into something shameful. However, since I'm the acting Admin now I'm obliged to step in and rein it in.

I am leaving this thread open in the hopes that it can return to a mutually beneficial discussion. The tone of the thread MUST CHANGE. One more insult, one more personal attack, one more toe over the line and the thread will be locked and infractions will be issued. We are a support board, not a fight board.

I posted the reminder about the forum rule about insults above. I am posting this reminder of the forum rule concerning moderators here:

Quote:
Do not disrespect moderators. Be respectful in both the forums and any private communications with moderators. Moderators are volunteers that donate many hours of their own time to help with the forum. Violations of this rule will not be tolerated.
Part of being respectful of moderators is heeding their warnings. I think I have made myself clear.
Old November 2nd, 2009, 02:56 PM

LadyLove will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayKay View Post
Moderator hat on also:

LadyLove, I don't think any of us, including Creme, have construed SeekingSensibilities comments as mean-spirited. As a reminder, the forum rules state:

While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness. No personal attacks of any kind will be tolerated. Respect other members of the community and donít belittle, make fun off, or insult another member.
Thank you for calling me rude. Very classy. And it shows just how much you practice what you preach.

Now please show me the exact line where I have been rude, explicit, offensive, belittling, insulting, and ignorant.
Old November 2nd, 2009, 04:19 PM

1) I didn't call you rude. I quoted the forum rules, which can be found here:
http://www.friendsandfamilyforum.com...aq_forum_rules

2) I'm not going to get into a quibbling war with you, LadyLove. Your posts #33, 34, and 35 in this thread are filled with unnecessarily sarcastic, demeaning comments. In fact, your response to ME, with the sarcastic "Thank you for calling me rude" and "Very classy" is highly disrespectful, following right on the heels of a warning I issued to not be disrespectful.

I made myself clear. I am issuing you an infraction. I am sorry to do so, because you are a valued member of this forum. Unfortunately, anyone who violates the forum rules makes it an unpleasant place for the other members and needs to be reprimanded.

I hope if you re-read your posts above, you can come to an understanding of why so many people here thought they were mean-spirited.