Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Family Forum > In-laws

Old October 12th, 2009, 08:43 AM
She Who Must Be Obeyed

HisHeathenHoney has much to be proud ofHisHeathenHoney has much to be proud ofHisHeathenHoney has much to be proud of
Re: So on the theme of avoidance versus polite contact....

Thanks. I will probably end up not going, then. I felt like DH would think I was being over self indulgent not to go. (Not that he said that. I mentioned me possibly not going to him and he didn't comment one way or another. But I think men don't get mc the way women do, so this is me imagining his response rather than he's actually given one.) Sounds like everyone here understands why I don't want to.

LL, to clarify, the ILs did not know I was pregnant, and they are not going to know about the mc, either. So it wouldn't come up. The issue would be either everyone acting all happy and like nothing is wrong and thus grating on me (which isn't fair, since we haven't told them), or MIL being nosy about why it looks like something is wrong with me, and me getting ticked about that.

Sounds like Netflix and Thai food for me.

ETA: Thank you all for your understanding and support. It means a lot to me, thank you all very much.
Old October 12th, 2009, 09:10 AM

Another Disheartened DIL is on a distinguished road
Re: So on the theme of avoidance versus polite contact....

I missed this somehow...first, major hugs to you HHH. I'm so sorry for your loss. I agree with the other...enjoy that evening on your own. Take that time to relax and pamper yourself. It sounds like your DH will understand.