Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Friend Forum > Boyfriends & Girlfriends

Old September 20th, 2018, 10:47 AM

Jessspin01 is on a distinguished road
Feeling lost after my break up

You guys know from my previous posts that I was with this awesome guy who was dealing with a bad divorce and depression. Last night we were hanging out and we starting talking about stuff with us and basically we ended up breaking it off. Sucks because I was starting to fall in love with him after almost 5 months. This was my first real relationship after my divorce. I liked him so much and I just wanted to be with him. I wanted to be happy so bad. He just said that was lying to himself about being ready to be in a relationship and he didn't want to hurt me anymore. He said it wasn't fair to me because I do want to be in a relationship.

Today I stopped over and I dropped off a few things of his. We talked for a bit and agreed that we both need to work on things with ourselves and that when he's ready I would be here for him. We wanted to stay in each other's lives and he said he was always there if I ever needed anything. We cuddled up in his bed and a kissed a little bit. I know that probably wasn't a good idea, but I had so much trouble leaving. I feel so lost and heart broken. I can't stop crying. I feel like I have no one now. I have no friends and no positive outlook. I just don't know what to do.
Old September 20th, 2018, 03:02 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Feeling lost after my break up

I'm so sorry, Jessspin01. (((hugs)))

I don't have any good advice except to just keep breathing. It will hurt for a while, but working on yourself is never a bad plan. Breathe. Treat yourself well.

We're always here for a shoulder to cry on.
Old September 27th, 2018, 07:04 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

Jesss.... (((hugs)))

He who ignores history is condemed to repeat it!
(it also means you weren't smart enough to learn from your mistakes )
Old September 30th, 2018, 10:10 AM

chissus is on a distinguished road

When my ex husband left me I created a list of old and new friends and relatives to call once a day for advice and support, I was careful to offer them my support so the call wasn't just about me.