Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > Health and Wellness > Reproduction and Pregnancy

Reproduction and Pregnancy Discuss issues related to Reproduction and Pregnancy

Old November 11th, 2017, 06:35 AM

BigBlue is on a distinguished road
Has anyone used a temperature tracking app to try and conceive?

Me and the wife were talking the other day about getting pregnant (we're not trying, just a topic of convo!) after she had read about tracking your body's temp to pinpoint optimum ovulation days.

Anyone been down this route before? How did it go?

Also i believe you can use this method as a form of contraception. Technology these days is amazing!
Old November 11th, 2017, 10:29 AM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Has anyone used a temperature tracking app to try and conceive?

I don't know about the apps, but using the basal body temperature method to track fertility is much older than the apps! It is not an exact science and should ideally be combined with another method of tracking fertility. The technology will only be as good as the data you enter.

You might want to consult with a doctor proficient in natural family planning methods to help you make best use of the technology.
Old November 11th, 2017, 12:27 PM

BigBlue is on a distinguished road

This is what i was referring to, the basel thermometer readings. Since my post i have done more research and there is an app/service <moderator edit to remove name>where the app learns more about your body the more temperature readings you put into it and gives you more precise good/bad days.

They have just received $30,000,000 in funding, so hopefully the tech side of it can really take off.

Last edited by LucyVanPelt; November 11th, 2017 at 12:53 PM.
Old November 11th, 2017, 12:57 PM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute

I've edited your previous post to remove the name of the app. We do not allow any advertising here. You may want to read the forum rules here: http://www.friendsandfamilyforum.com...aq_forum_rules

As for any use of technology, the more accurate your data, the better the app might be at predicting what could happen in nature. Nature, however, does not care what our technology says. I'd consult a doctor before consulting an app. They've invested far more into their education.