Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Family Forum > Parents

Closed Thread

Old February 10th, 2012, 09:32 AM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Problem with mother

LottieLab - I made a separate thread for you because you have problems that are different from the ones in the original thread in which you posted. I thought they deserved their own thread.

Tell us about your mom, LottieLab. How old is she, how old is your dad, where are they from, why did they move to the UK? Maybe that'll help us figure out why she'd be acting this way towards you and your brother.
Old February 10th, 2012, 08:39 PM

Karina will become famous soon enough
Re: I hate my mother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs X View Post
Hi Karina, not sure if this comment was aimed at the op or at lottielab. Did you realise lottielab is only 11 years old?

While they might try, kids this age should never be pressured, expected, or encouraged to take responsibility for another person in this way.

Lottielab, it is really important that you understand your mother's behaviour is her own fault, not anyone else's.
Mrs X, I am sorry!!! I think I was trying to respond to someone else's post!!! Or I was careless and didn't realize her age. I am usually not this bad, so my apologies to Lottie!!!!!
Old February 10th, 2012, 09:32 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

Lottie's post was originally part of WantOpinion's thread, so that may have confused the issue. WantOpinion had very different problems and her mom's mental health sounded like it came into play. Not to worry, Karina. It's easy to get confused when threads get mixed up.
Old February 11th, 2012, 05:59 AM

Thank you KayKay!!!
Old February 11th, 2012, 12:27 PM

Mrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Karina, All fine, from your other posts i was fairly certain you wouldn't be expecting Lottielab to fix her mother up lol, but it was really important that Lottie herself had that written down for her.
Old February 11th, 2012, 12:36 PM

Yes Mrs X, and thank you for writing what you did!!!
Old February 14th, 2012, 03:28 PM

LottieLab is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayKay View Post
LottieLab - I made a separate thread for you because you have problems that are different from the ones in the original thread in which you posted. I thought they deserved their own thread.

Tell us about your mom, LottieLab. How old is she, how old is your dad, where are they from, why did they move to the UK? Maybe that'll help us figure out why she'd be acting this way towards you and your brother.
Sorry I took a whilt to reply! My mom is 44 and my dad is 51. My mom is from romania and my dad is from the UK. We moved here because my dad was made redundant and all jobs he applied for said he was over-qualified. Just want to say, she does not hit us all the time, I don't live in WW three! Sometimes she's ok, but most of the time she shouts.
Oh, sorry to confuse everyone by posting in the other thread! I didn't expect everybody to reply
Old February 18th, 2012, 05:52 AM

andwilson90 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by LottieLab View Post
I hate my mother too. I'm only 11 and she is just horrible to me and my 13yr old bro. She smacks us when we do even the slightest thing wrong, e.g. I once vomited in a bowl of soup, my bro offered her her glass of wine, I took out a ponytail in my hair. She also calls us horrible things like blockheaded, idiot child, ******* children, idiot, lazy/ungrateful oiks, stupid/ dumb children. She also makes us work in the kitchen while she just plays on her ipad. Thankfully my dad is normaally around to stop her and help us. But when he's not, she's even worse. Fortunately, the smacking only happens about once a month but everything else is mostly regular. Sometimes she has better days though but she never sttops shoutiung. I kinda know how you feel.
I think she might be your step mother, but if I am wrong. Then some relationship advice may solve your issue.
Old February 18th, 2012, 08:42 AM

No, it's not her stepmother. LottieLab shouldn't have to follow relationship advice to "solve" the issue with her mother.
Old February 21st, 2012, 01:52 AM

freelancerlynne is on a distinguished road
Re: I hate my mother.

Talk to your mom and tell her what you feel about it. I know there is a reason for that actions.
Closed Thread