Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Family Forum > Parents

Old October 2nd, 2013, 10:05 PM

Tatiana123 is on a distinguished road
Re: controlling mother

You all are right. I need to get over the pain and I think I should cut all ties to her and just pray my younger brothers will understand in a few years
Old October 3rd, 2013, 05:13 AM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute

Understand you can't "get over" the pain. You will have to grieve what could have been and hope that your mother is open to growing.

Good luck.
Old October 3rd, 2013, 10:49 AM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

(((hugs)))
Lucy's right

drop the rope, if you ever feel like picking it up again - go into it with the mind set that things most likley haven't changed (and be ready to run away again)

that way if its the same "stuff" different day, you're not hurt
if things have changed

I was 34-36 yr before I can remember my dad keeping a promise (or that he was even interested in ME as a person - not as a pawn) ... and I only found out after he passed ... he'd bought my DS a wagon for X-mas
Old October 3rd, 2013, 02:08 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

Tatiana, if it helps, think about your responsibility towards your son. You have a bigger obligation to do what is right for him than you do towards your mother and brothers. Unless you want him being raised the way you were raised, it is best to keep him away from your mother.

I will say that I'm replying in this thread with the assumption that your mother does not have a valid fear about you being around your friends. If your friends are likely to be involved in drugs or dangerous behavior around your child, maybe that's what your mother is fighting against.
Old October 3rd, 2013, 08:21 PM

Not at all. Its just her wanting to manipulate me in do what she wants. Her thing is her n my brothers should come before anyone. She told me anyone with the right mind does not tell there family they cant stop bye because they're friends are coming. I feel like she wants to be involved in everything I do. Im at the point where I feel like a child at times and afraid to tell her anything because she always has something negative to say if it dont have anything to do with her or the family. I told her she was manipulative and she said I got that from someone else. I really think she thinks im dumb or stupid that I dont realize what she is doing
Old October 3rd, 2013, 09:52 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

What about your sister? You mention your brothers and that your mom thinks she and your brothers should come first, but what about your sister? Is she included?
Old October 3rd, 2013, 10:58 PM

My sister is in a different state. She had a problem and she is getting her stuff together and left my nephew with my mother. She does not speak to her at all. My mother messed my sister up
Old October 7th, 2013, 10:53 AM

Mrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana123 View Post
My sister is in a different state. She had a problem and she is getting her stuff together and left my nephew with my mother. She does not speak to her at all. My mother messed my sister up
Hi, i hope you don't let your mother do that to your family! It sounds like she has already started though, if you and your partner are not together with your own child. That is just not right, and is quite heartbreaking! Take care.
Old October 9th, 2013, 06:47 AM

dawris is on a distinguished road

That really sounds like an awful situation, you have my sympathy. I am just wondering if perhaps you and your mother are not communicating enough? Or is impossible to even talk to her? If so, then the problem is extremely serious. I would not cut out her out so fast, maybe try and reason with her.