Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Family Forum > Other

Other A place to discuss any other family member or have general family discussions

Old December 27th, 2014, 12:37 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute
S/O of My Mom bought all the good gifts

Is there anyone who has this issue - someone else gets the same gifts or the more expensive version of what you are getting/got your kid(s)

DS just got home from the ex's and got him the better and/or more expensive version of what I was getting/got DS. I want to cry (but that's just me being emotional), but DS is still excited that he's getting/got what I bought - I just feel Ex hasn't done stuff like this for years and I thought it was over/he wouldn't do it anymore

example - I ordered a reproduction WWII tanker jacket for DS .... ex and his "friend" (ex's term) got DS an authentic WWII tanker jacket
Old December 27th, 2014, 01:16 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute
Re: S/O of My Mom bought all the good gifts

That stinks, snafu. Do y'all not coordinate gift-giving? Did XH know what you were getting and decide to one-up you? Or was that accidental?
Old December 27th, 2014, 01:21 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

we had talked about things - to prevent 4-5 people getting DS the same things (unless it was a "Steam" gift card)

He said (via text) he didn't "know if you were still doing that" (me rolling eyes) makes since he should have asked me if I was still doing it (it was my idea that I'd shared with him) .... especially as he'd agreed when we discussed things that an authentic jacket costing hundreds was too expensive

Last edited by snafu; December 27th, 2014 at 01:25 PM.
Old December 27th, 2014, 01:35 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

So is he stupid or did he deliberately one-up you? Do you think he miscommunicated your discussion to his "friend" who did the shopping?
Old December 27th, 2014, 01:51 PM
future crazy cat lady

I honestly don't know. He used to one up me but I don't know if it was just to be a PITA or if he thought my ideas were cool (or both) However if I planned to do something special with DS, he would do it before I'd planned to and then Ds wouldn't want to do it with me... but its been years since he's done that.
Old December 28th, 2014, 11:03 AM

Cremebrulee has much to be proud ofCremebrulee has much to be proud ofCremebrulee has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by snafu View Post
I honestly don't know. He used to one up me but I don't know if it was just to be a PITA or if he thought my ideas were cool (or both) However if I planned to do something special with DS, he would do it before I'd planned to and then Ds wouldn't want to do it with me... but its been years since he's done that.
Just to be on the safe side, whenever you decide to do something special with or for DS, from now on, do not share it with anyone until it's over....regardless...you don't need to give them a detailed list of what you're getting for him....that is between you and your son.

Personally that jacket is kind of a rare gift, and he must have said something to both of you about it, right? How else would they have known?
Or am I missing something? Please do not be afraid to set me straight if I am...

Sorry, your such a good mom, and person to have to go thru this....
Old December 10th, 2021, 05:27 PM
future crazy cat lady

I know this is an old thread, however this year ex bought almost everything DS had on his list

He who ignores history is condemed to repeat it!
(it also means you weren't smart enough to learn from your mistakes )
Old December 10th, 2021, 10:09 PM

Aw, man. I'm so sorry snafu.

Do you have any other ideas of gifts for your son?
Old December 11th, 2021, 04:38 AM
future crazy cat lady

yes -

couple of boring things (car seat covers - that he's asked for, a paper shredder- that he didn't ask for)

and a couple of fun things (a "lego" tank - that he didn't ask for, and a T-shirt that he did ask for)

he'll also get a check

I'm contemplating giving him a small handgun that was my dad's (a titan, if I remember correctly)

He who ignores history is condemed to repeat it!
(it also means you weren't smart enough to learn from your mistakes )
Old December 11th, 2021, 10:19 AM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute

I'm really sorry that this continues, snafu.

How old is DS now?