Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Family Forum > Grandparents & Grandchildren

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 15th, 2013, 05:34 AM

treasures4u1 is on a distinguished road
Grandson being abused

Hi everyone. I have a situation with my son in law. My daughter is 29 yrs old and my SIL is 31. They have a son age 9(not his), 2 daughters age 2 and 4 (his). He is lazy, self centered, angry, abusive, selfish. He treats my grandson terribly. He treats the girls like they are little angels and never can do wrong. He doesn't work a steady job and I think that my daughter is afraid of him as well. My grandson has ADHD and he gets abused by this man. One time my grandson wanted more milk in his cereal and my SIL got angry with him and threw a metal box at his head. He went to school and told his teacher and she called CPS. They came out and interviewed everyone. When they interviewed me I told them that he had anger issues and they did NOTHING! As the grandmother, It breaks my heart to see my grandson treated this way. I don't know what to do. Someone please help me on what my rights are. I have talked to my SIL and my daughter until I am blue in the face.