Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Anything & Everything Forum > Open Chat

Open Chat Discuss anything & everything. (You know the rules-- keep it clean.)

Old January 28th, 2008, 06:45 PM

Rowan is on a distinguished road
Arrow Mineral (powdered based) Makeup

Anyone use this stuff?

If you do, do you use a brand that isn't one of the most popular on the market? Even if you don't, please state which kind you do use and how you feel about it.

I really want to try these products but (a) I have roscea and (b) I have slightly dry skin.....I don't need something that going to dry it out further.

Thanx!
Old January 28th, 2008, 09:09 PM
She Who Must Be Obeyed

HisHeathenHoney has much to be proud ofHisHeathenHoney has much to be proud ofHisHeathenHoney has much to be proud of
Re: Mineral (powdered based) Makeup

I have rosacea and I use mineral based makeup.

Right now I am using Physicians Formula which is ok. It does the job adequately and right now I am pinching pennies and mainly, you can get it in a drug store so it's not too difficult to get a hold of it. It works okay.

The brand I used to use was Jane Iredale and that stuff is awesome. It's more like like Nordstrom-makeup pricing although that's not really the reason I stopped. I stopped because it's a pill to get, it's hard to find places that sell it and I used to order it online and then the one place I was getting it from stopped carrying it. It's not cheap but one compact of the powder foundation lasted FOREVER. If you track it down somewhere, I also recommend getting a good quality brush to apply it with, that made a huge difference as well.

There is also a Canadian company that makes excellent skin creams and cleansers specifically for rosacea, Zenmed. I use those and love them. (Department store, not drug store pricing, but not ruinous department store pricing.)

Not that you asked this question, but before my wedding I got "Photofacial" (intense pulsed light, or IPL therapy) treatments for my rosacea, which was pretty bad at that point, and it made a tremendous difference. It's kind of expensive but I'd probably do it again. Actually I was thinking of asking for 'IPL funds' for my 40th birthday present, the "remission" it caused is starting to wear off a little bit (it was six years ago I had it done).

HTH!