Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Anything & Everything Forum > Open Chat

Open Chat Discuss anything & everything. (You know the rules-- keep it clean.)

Old March 16th, 2016, 02:42 AM

karimakkan is on a distinguished road
really fed up.

hi I'm week in maintaining my friendship. I have looooot of other problems.. That's why I'm like this. really fed up..
Old March 16th, 2016, 03:39 AM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute
Re: really fed up.

I'm sorry you are feeling fed up.
Old March 27th, 2016, 11:52 PM

karimakkan is on a distinguished road

Iím a person from teaching profession. I'm a quiet person, and also used to be terrible at saying the right things in certain occasions. And the worst part is, last day I lost one of my front tooth due to a car accident. My lost tooth is the reason for unclear speech. It is now equivalent to a failure in my teaching career. My neighbour told me that there is nothing to worry about. She suggested that dental implant is an apt solution for my problem (remove link). But now Iím out of money. Coz I had undergone an expensive surgery as a consequence of that accident. So I want to know whether it is expensive or not. Please let me know whether it is worth doing. I don't have any friends or close one to give me such kind of advices. I hope this is the right place to take a correct decision!!

Last edited by LucyVanPelt; March 28th, 2016 at 05:26 AM. Reason: remove link
Old March 28th, 2016, 01:06 AM

Annsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond repute

We can't advise you here. None of us have professional or medical knowledge.

You need face to face professional advice from people in the dental industry.

The loss of a tooth shouldn't hinder your career though.
Thereís one major problem with giving grandparents legal access to their grandchildren. People who inflicted verbal, physical and sexual abuse on their children are then given access to inflict trauma on yet another generation. ~ Wayne and Tamara
Old March 28th, 2016, 03:56 AM

Catwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond repute

Ive worked in a dental surgery for a while a few years ago as a dental nurse. Your options are:

1) Dental implant surgery with a false tooth secured into the gum/ jaw via screw implanted into the bone.
2) Bridge - where a false tooth is created on a small plate/ denture and is secured by hook like wires around the teeth on either side at gum level.
3) Partial plate/denture with the false tooth you just wear as a denture.

It comes down to what you can afford in then end.

There are many different ways in which dentists can do these procedures,and for different costs due to using different materials and methods. The partial plate/denture with a tooth on it is the least expensive option.Your best to go and see some dentists of your choice and have a consultation to talk about what they offer and what you want to do.Some offer free consultations and have options where they work with finance companies.When you see the prices you will be able to go and see where you can get finance from to fund your choice.It depends on what the prices are where you are for dentistry.

People lose teeth for many reasons and over time,sometimes we cannot control that.They also have them replaced artificially so I would not let that determine your success in this world.Its very common.It always possible to find a solution.

I would suggest you starting by looking on the internet for what is available in your country for treatment,and get some quotes for what your local dentists are offering. Do lots of reading about the procedures to understand them. In the end a dentist will have to tell you what is best for your mouth and they will give you a few choices. Just explain you have a very limited budget.Get several quotes.

Very best of luck and dont worry you will resolve this. You are most certainly not the only person to have had this happen.

Last edited by Catwoman; March 28th, 2016 at 04:14 AM.
Old March 28th, 2016, 07:09 AM
is never to loud.

Knot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond repute

What Cat said...

Front tooth? Probably want to get one. How expensive? I don't know where you're at, but you can shop around for reputable dentists in your area.
Old March 28th, 2016, 10:25 AM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by karimakkan View Post
So I want to know whether it is expensive or not. Please let me know whether it is worth doing. I don't have any friends or close one to give me such kind of advices. I hope this is the right place to take a correct decision!!
This is a decision entirely up to you.

I don't know how expensive it is. I don't know what you consider expensive, what dentists/endodontists in your area charge, how much you can afford, whether you have dental insurance that would cover it or if insurance from the car accident would pay for it. I also don't know how much it affects your daily life or your career.

If it were me, I'd have it fixed because I would feel bad about myself and it would really affect my view of life if I had a missing front tooth. My husband has two missing teeth (not front ones) and it doesn't bother him in the least.

Do you have a dentist that you see normally for cleanings? Make an appointment with him or her and see what advise he or she gives you.
Old May 13th, 2016, 10:00 AM

Ally465 is on a distinguished road

Hi, Im Ally.
i cant help feeling fedup most of the times.
im a person of profession.
<snip>
id really love to talk

Last edited by LucyVanPelt; May 13th, 2016 at 10:18 AM. Reason: remove advertisement
Old May 13th, 2016, 10:33 AM
is never to loud.

Knot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah... I'm fed up too... Foot hurts, got a couple of my own teeth missing, tired of dealing with whiney adults who don't want to do their share of work, headaches, ear is always ringing, getting older by the day...

You know what though? It's FRIDAY!!!