Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Family Forum > In-laws

Old September 30th, 2009, 11:15 PM

The Outsider is on a distinguished road
Talking Inlaw Bullying - notes from the field!

Many of your faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamily antics on this website sound like the bunch I got stuck with. They hated me from the very start....the SIL's were rude and mean, the MIL cold. A few years later, dear older SIL made up lies (with the help and blessing of dear MIL or WIL (witch in law) when I didn't agree with a family moral issue. She tried, as well a the mother. to break the marriage up. Dear MIL told me that I didn't have any "chemistry" and that I rubbed EVERYONE the wrong way and "so what" if they like this, that and the other one better than me. DH believed some of the lies that dear SIL told until I caught her red handed right in front of my DH. Since then, they have been covertly and implicitly using passive aggressive behavior to push me to the margins AKA bullying. This weekend dear MIL and BIL hung themselves when a email was "inavertantly" forwarded to me by MIL. DH has finally admitted that his family is just plain ugly to me and that he isn't going to take this crap any longer. He sent a three line email to the culprits stating: 1. What in the hell is wrong with you people. 2. the abuse of my wife must stop, and 3. do not send any more email of this nature to us. ...this was a huge breakthrough for him. We also put a block on their email. DH says that they owe me a huge apology - which will never happen - bully's don't understand their behavior due to their inflated self image and ego. I did some research on family bullying and it certainly fits their MO. Here's the web address http//bullyoffline.org/related/family.htm These people display classic bullying behavior - and serial bully antics. I really encourage you to check out this site...its helped me to recognize their behavior and steps I can take to quell it....they are CUT OFF - I will not go to their house, if they come here I will leave, I will not communicate with them. My children are free to make their own decision whether they want to go over and visit. My eldest son is 20 and he saw the emails. My other kids don't know whats going on and I dont want to tell them at this point. Although my youngest has observed their bad behavior and has commented on it. .this crap has gone on for 24 years.
I declared my independance on Sunday, Sept. 27th - free at last, free at last, oh my Lord I'm free at last!!!!!!
Old October 1st, 2009, 05:00 AM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Inlaw Bullying - notes from the field!

thanks for the link - I've got bullies in my FOO

sorry for what you're going thru, but glad your DH is now standing by you
Old October 1st, 2009, 08:09 AM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

Ha Ha!!

Your joy is just contagious. I'm sorry for what you've gone through, but I'm so glad for you that you have gotten through it!! Onward and Upward!
Old October 1st, 2009, 05:04 PM

The Outsider is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Inlaw Bullying - notes from the field!

I would add. onward, upward and BEYOND!!!!! Thanks for all your support and encouragement!!
Old October 2nd, 2009, 06:12 AM

Beth will become famous soon enough

As someone who has had these experiences herself with the ex-family, congratulations. Life is good.
Old October 8th, 2009, 12:00 AM

LadyLove will become famous soon enough

You go, girl!