Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > Around the House > Other

Other General household discussions.

Old March 23rd, 2012, 06:26 AM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute
Back to banning the Kool-Aid!

And the lemonade. And the Tang. And the soda.

For years I would not allow it in the house. But DH bought some last week because he loves it and thought the kids were old enough to not spill.

I just scrubbed the kitchen floor yesterday and polished the cupboards. I went to pick DD up from school and came home to little stick, shiny spots all over the kitchen.

ODS-- that's right, big one!-- dropped his cup and spilled that sticky stuff all over the floor. He tried to clean it up but that stuff never comes up.

Old March 23rd, 2012, 09:19 AM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has much to be proud ofsnafu has much to be proud ofsnafu has much to be proud of
Re: Back to banning the Kool-Aid!

I think my DH would love to join you ....DS & I sometimes think we've gotten everything, but it turns out spots were missed.
Old March 23rd, 2012, 10:03 AM

KayKay has much to be proud ofKayKay has much to be proud ofKayKay has much to be proud of

Shhhhh... don't let my kids know that Kool-Aid and Tang exist! (I don't think they'd like them anyway TBH)
Old March 23rd, 2012, 12:14 PM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayKay View Post
Shhhhh... don't let my kids know that Kool-Aid and Tang exist! (I don't think they'd like them anyway TBH)
How is this possible?
Old March 23rd, 2012, 02:16 PM

KayKay has much to be proud ofKayKay has much to be proud ofKayKay has much to be proud of

I think they know about Kool-Aid because they've had those little plastic bottles at other people's birthday parties, and I guess maybe they've seen commericals. I doubt they'd have a clue about Tang. I never really withheld Kool-Aid or Tang deliberately... it's just not something I ever liked so I never bought it. Actually, now that I think about it, DS accidentally ordered Hi-C (thinking it was orange soda) at McD's one time and hated it. They had plenty of juice boxes (100% juice) and I have made Crystal Light available to them. *shrug* They just wouldn't drink the stuff I made so I didn't make it more than once. DD likes the powder packets in water sometimes. Mostly we drink water. The kids and I each get a cup of water that we keep on the kitchen counter and drink sips from throughout the day.

Sodas are a different story. But the only ones in the house are diet ones (I don't really drink them much anymore either). They're welcome to get sodas when we eat out or drive thru. In fact, I've had plastic bottles of sodas (individual servings) in the 'fridge that I've had to throw away because they were past their expiration date.

I wish they drank more milk. They hardly ever drink milk.