Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > Health and Wellness > Reproduction and Pregnancy

Reproduction and Pregnancy Discuss issues related to Reproduction and Pregnancy

Old October 13th, 2011, 10:03 PM

claang is on a distinguished road
Unhappy need help, am i pregnant ?

Hi, I really need some help.
I'm fourteen, and I am really paranoid about being pregnant. I had sex for the first time three weeks ago, and we took all precautions, but I'm still so paranoid.
I was on the third day of my period, we used a condom (and it didn't break as far as I can tell) and he pulled out well before he ejaculated, and I mean well before, in fact it took him another couple of minutes to do so.
we had sex again a week later, and though i was still on my period, it was a lot lighter.
I took a pregnancy test and it came out negative but I took this a week before my period due date.
My period is due next week, but I just want to know what my chances are of being pregnant because if I keep stressing my period might come late, which will make me stress more and I might skip it all together which would worry me so much.
advice ?
Old October 14th, 2011, 02:58 AM

Annsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond repute
Re: need help, am i pregnant ?

No-one can know if you are pregnant without you taking a pregnancy test.

There is no real point taking a pregnancy test until you are at least a week late.

I would hope that someone of your age would not be having intercourse. However, if you are going to continue and you are not already pregnant, I would strongly urge you to talk to your parents, or at least your school nurse or Dr about different forms of contraception that would be suitable for you.

Guys and condoms are not very reliable and it is all too easy to get "caught in the moment" before you realise you are not protected. You should still use condoms, because you don't know how many other people you are sleeping with at the time of sleeping with one guy (if he has had lots of unprotected sex, then there is many more chances of catching something from him).

Have you had an HPV vaccine? Having sex at an early age can also incease the chance of you getting the HPV (Human papilloma virus), which can in turn increase the risk of cervical cancer.

If a pregnancy test is positive, then you really need to speak to your parents, or your school nurse who can tell you where to go from there and help you consider your options.

Sex isn't a game, if you feel you are mature enough to have sex, the you are mature enough to inform yourself and be aware of the consequences of unprotected sex, from diseases to babies. If you are not mature enough to deal with either of these issues particularly in preventing them happening in the first place or the realities of having a baby, then you are certainly not mature enough to have sex.

When you are an adult, you may well regret not holding off and just being a kid as long as possible, because believe me you do not get those years back.

Good luck!
There’s one major problem with giving grandparents legal access to their grandchildren. People who inflicted verbal, physical and sexual abuse on their children are then given access to inflict trauma on yet another generation. ~ Wayne and Tamara
Old October 14th, 2011, 05:22 AM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with Annsdil. Although there are early pregnancy tests on the market, you should wait until you miss your period. You should also be aware that stress can cause your period to be late.

I'm also going to agree that at 14, you should not be having sex if you are not ready to deal with the consequences of it-- pregnancy, STD's, and higher risks of being abused. You can say no even after saying yes.

But, if you are going to have sex, be protected as best you can by taking care of yourself. Get a check up and do this regularly, use your own form of birth control, and use your own condoms, too. Definitely seek help from the school nurse and/or the guidance counselor. This will become doubly important if your pregnancy test comes out positive.

Good luck.
Old November 9th, 2011, 09:21 AM

clarencebale is on a distinguished road

Try to do another pregnancy test, this is the simplest way to know if you are pregnant or not. And another way to is stop having "sex"
Old December 12th, 2011, 09:19 AM

Talking Re: need help, am i pregnant ?

thank you everybody for your helpful replies
thankfully, I got my period four days after my due date (i'm assuming it was delayed due to stress, and last month i got my period like clockwork on it's due date. so, no pregnancy here
Old December 12th, 2011, 11:39 AM

Annsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to hear it.

I hoped it scared you enough though to take on board the advice given about protection - not least the best protection of all - WAITING!
There’s one major problem with giving grandparents legal access to their grandchildren. People who inflicted verbal, physical and sexual abuse on their children are then given access to inflict trauma on yet another generation. ~ Wayne and Tamara
Old December 12th, 2011, 12:01 PM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for updating, Claang. Congratulations! Now, as Annsdil said, you should be waiting and using your own protection. You're not ready to be a mom. Please get yourself to the nearest free clinic so you can do what is best for you. (((hugs)))
Old December 23rd, 2011, 06:57 AM

Talking Re: need help, am i pregnant ?

yees, it did scare me, and i don't plan on having sex again until i am much older, and have the proper protection thanks for your support and help though guys
Old December 23rd, 2011, 09:44 AM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

Claang, thanks for letting us know.
Old December 23rd, 2011, 03:20 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

claang - ((hugs))

I'm not trying to dog pile you, but even if you don't plan to have sex again - you should still see a doctor for an STD screening - most women who get one in thier teens don't know until years later.

Additionally, you should know what your options are before you meet "the right guy".

(last thing - promise)

in college I knew of girls who slept with a guy (sometimes a total stranger) every time they drank - IF you drink, time to stop
- I drove one girl to the health clinic when she thought she might be pregnate from one of her "encounters"