View Single Post
Old July 13th, 2018, 08:33 PM

JemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud of
Re: Cold shoulder - wide or skinny - what the &$%* is going on with clothes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rattlesnake View Post
I guess I'm behind the times! I just got three "cold shoulders" shirts. My H informed he does not like them and prefers a regular tank top. I want to force him to like them since I bought them, ha ha.

I wish skinny jeans would go away and stay away. I don't mind some that are fairly fitted all the way to the ankles but the things in stores are made for skeleton sized legs, or they stretch over legs that are a bit bigger and then just plain don't look good.

I am a size 4/5 but normal misses' size 4 are often too big. Junior sizes are sometimes okay but...I am 59 and don't want to dress like a teen but also don't want to dress like an old lady (even though I am one, lol).
I love my tanks.

I guess I just live in the past: ALOT! I mourn the pieces I "lost" along the way. Just a couple of pieces. some awesome danang army green embroidered cargos. WHY DID I GIVE THEM AWAY???

stuff like that. stuart Weitzman booties. OMG. what was I thinking?

Anyway. I finally ventured out to just take a look. I had a bad feeling at Nordstrom rack - so I stay away from those places. **claustrophobia

on a whim, I visited a dress barn near my marshalls. I just looked. grabbed a couple pieces and was really happy with the fit: slim, close to the body. A sweater, cardigan with gold lurexy, embroidered jeans, and an adorable white open weave 100% cotton long sleeve tunic with a hood: swimsuit cover!!!

LOVED IT. And!! The sizes of course are faux. I am NOT an 8. I am a def 10. but these pieces were 8!!! A def plus. the jeans were $19. Sweater and cardi ON SALE!! nice.

Then I mosey over to marshalls NOT LOOKING for anything particular and find a cute hot pink Tee with elbow sleeves, white skinny crop distressed jeans, and my first pair of "help your booty back up" jeans. I usually just go to score some new organic munchies or bedding. I like this stuff.

Now, I need a place to wear them!! lol

...land of the free. kind of...maybe...not so much.