View Single Post
Old September 25th, 2017, 06:11 AM
is never to loud.

Knot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Thinking of removing myself from my adult children's lives

Some of my wife's and my friends are in a similar situation... Whether their kids live in town or in another state they say they are left out - which could very well be the case. Our oldest DD is married and has five kids. Our youngest doesn't even have a boyfriend. Sometimes our oldest will go to her in-laws for Christmas, sometimes they do Christmas at home. A couple of times we were just told that they want to do Christmas by themselves. Of course that went over like a lead balloon with my wife. Our youngest will usually come over, open her gifts, eat, chat and leave. Sometimes she'll just stay the night.

It doesn't seem like you're tied down to pets and stuff. Do you have a good relationship with your son-in-laws parents? Maybe you could hint to go along with them. The other option is your other daughter.

I'm sure you'll think of something. Best of luck to you.