View Single Post
Old March 17th, 2016, 09:55 AM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Trying to help my grandma

Take your grandmother to see her lawyer, but make sure the aunt doesn't know (and don't even tell the caregivers at the home because they might accidentally blab). You might even start regular outings to lunch or something so it isn't as obvious. Your grandmother's lawyer might even be willing to go visit her in the home so he can see first hand what is going on.

Document everything, and research elder abuse. I don't know if you have a case or can make a case, but it's worth looking in to.

Your aunt may have POA, but that doesn't mean your grandmother gave up all of her rights to make her own decisions. Your grandmother should talk to her doctors and nurses in the home about options she has available. They will be a great resource for her, and will also be extremely useful if your grandmother ever has to prove that she is "of sound mind."

Most importantly, don't let your aunt have reason to suspect anyone is working against her. It sounds to me like she is dangerous.