View Single Post
Old November 28th, 2017, 04:42 AM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Son moved back home - DDIL kicked him out

Aww, Trixie, I love to see you, but not under these conditions. I'm sorry.

I support the Switzerland approach!

I also went through a rough time where I was working, and taking care of everything, and DH went out and played ball with his buddies. My MIL very much supported that-- she would never sit for me because I worked, but she would sit for him to play. And I contributed my own challenges to the marriage-- like punishing him so he'd learn his lesson.

I'm sharing this because our marriage survived this rough part, and many marriages can. His play time is still very important to him, and I still feel like the responsible adult, but DH's playing has become less of a problem because the children are mostly grown. We did almost separate, but the reality of that scared me enough to make me work through it. I hope that your DIL and DS see what I did, that divorce was just exchanging one set of problems for another.

I hope they find a way to work through this, and I hope you can remain Switzerland!

Now, about your DH-- first, how is he doing? Second, what did your DH want to say?