Thread: What can i do?
View Single Post
Old April 18th, 2012, 11:30 AM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What can i do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arimaliz View Post
I have the option to move out, and I want to so badly but I have this part of me which I know is going to feel guilty because she has no one to take care of her. People have told me that I came with the decision and goal to live by myself and that I should not feel guilty but she is the grandmother that has always been there, well more than my other grandmother. I have no idea what to do...please help? :/
This is not a good living arrangement for you. If you have the means to live on your own, you should. Moving out does not mean that you cannot visit or help her. She may actually enjoy the space, too, and it's possible that she resents you living there just a little bit.

Also, I would recommend learning a little about the stages of grief. Your grandmother may benefit from a visit with a "grief counselor" or a minister of some kind.

Good luck!