View Single Post
Old June 27th, 2018, 02:53 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How can I help my boyfriend without doing everything for him all the time?

I'm not sure I understand what you mean when you say you "do a lot" for him. You mean emotionally? Or financially?

I don't think there's anything wrong with paying *sometimes* when you go out or pay for yourself when you go out. I do think that it might damage his self esteem if you pay *always* and for both of you when you go out. The thing to do there is just be creative about how to spend time together without spending money. I also don't think there is anything wrong with pre-emptively saying "You always drive and pick me up when we go out, can I give you some money for gas" or offer to drive. I don't think you should make it a habit to buy him gas though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessspin01 View Post
Everyone has flaws and a past and I am in no position to judge him.
I do want to address this. No, you shouldn't judge him as a person, but you absolutely should judge him as a boyfriend. If you don't, you might not pick the right guy.

What about his divorce got him out of "normal life?" I don't understand that. I mean, the obvious things (moving, kid visitation if there is any, etc.) but did his divorce cause him to lose a career or something?