View Single Post
Old April 9th, 2018, 01:04 AM

Abandoned 1 is on a distinguished road
Help desperate for advice

Awhile ago I made a post wondering if my bff hated me or was just grieving over the death of her mom.

On Easter her daughter and her daughter's best friend were having a fight. So they sat down and she played mediator. She used me as an example of how best friends operate. She said basically that even though she gets mad at me a lot and has to disappear to her room to get away from me, she loves me and always will. Because I stood by her side through everything. And she would sacrifice anything for me. And that at the end of the day she only has me and she chooses me. She told the girls about how the day before she had her first dream where she realized that her mom was dead in the dream and when she woke up, she wanted me. She didn't want her husband or her dad or anyone else. It was me she wanted to talk to.

Well... I did a bad thing. Because the next few days after that she started treating me like crap again. She had gotten a new phone and left her old phone on the table outside my room. So I went through her messages. Yes, I know invasion of privacy, really crappy thing to do. I get it. Spare me the lecture about this. I know it was wrong. But I did it. I can't take it back.

What I found out though is that she told her online boyfriend that I'm a squatter. If you remember from my first post.... I spent my entire savings on her family when I moved from Mass to GA to be there for her and support her when her mom was dying. I worked 60-70hrs a week, paid her rent, bought her groceries, got her husband and her kids Xmas presents. I clean, cook, laundry, grocery shop. I take care of her kids and her dogs. I went without a job for ONE month. I even asked her if me getting behind on paying her rent was going to be an issue. She said no. Now she's telling people I'm a squatter. She also says I'm a closet lesbian who is obsessed with her. To my face though I mentioned moving out and she got upset. What am I supposed to believe here? What she's saying behind my back? Now mind you, she only says this to people she's never met in person. All online friends. No one that's really in her life. Not even her husband. Also want to point out I've realized the only time she treats me terribly in person is when her husband is off work.

What do I do? I literally can't afford more than 200 in rent. So I'm not in a position to move out. Clearly I need to confront her about this. But I can't let her know I read her phone.

Help?