View Single Post
Old November 28th, 2017, 12:18 AM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Son moved back home - DDIL kicked him out

I moved the post for you.

Well, if your DS is out playing basketball with his buddies, I think we may have stumbled upon the problem. I think I have been in your DIL's shoes, when my kids were those ages and my husband was working all of the time, so not a reliable source of help. It was so tough, and I was a SAHM! But... Switzerland!

One of my friends (who really is such a tremendous role model for me in many ways) has a son and beloved DIL who were divorced about 1.5 years ago, with two young kids. It has been heartbreaking for her, because she really loves her xDIL. So I can imagine what you're going through. Her xDIL told her that one of the reasons the decision to divorce her son was so hard was because she knew she had the best MIL in the world and would miss my friend wholeheartedly. She worried about her xDIL having to do all of the morning preparations for their young children (not in school yet). It is tough on the children, as they get older, to split time between the two homes which are an hour apart. My friend worries about what is going to happen when they start school (the parents live in different districts) and has so many questions to ask and advice to give, but one reason everyone loves her so much is... Switzerland.

Will you still get to see your grandkids as often?