View Single Post
Old July 21st, 2012, 11:36 AM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 23 Yr old at home, no job - tough love

Does your husband have any practical steps he wants your son to do? I'm not sure I understand if your husband wants to toss him out as an incentive to get him to "grow up" or if he wants to toss him out because he's tired of living with him.

Do *you* have any ideas about what your son could do? What I mean is... does he have any specific gifts or interests? Or is his lack of motivation across the board? I do think you need to learn what he's "studying" on the computer. That might tell you a lot about him.

If your son has no direction in life, maybe that explains his lack of motivation. Did he go to college? If not, maybe a good start is taking a class at a community college. At least he'd be doing something and maybe if he's doing something your husband would accept the situation a little easier.

I think you ought to get to the bottom of why your son has no motivation. Has he always been like that? Maybe he needs to see a counselor to figure out what he wants to do when he grows up.