View Single Post
Old September 19th, 2018, 04:34 AM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Here we go again with the step mother to be

Quote:
Originally Posted by rattlesnake View Post
KayKay, you wanted to know why he should be embarrassed to sign it. The reason he should be embarrassed to sign it is because it could never be enforced, and I know him well enough to know he is smart enough to know that.

As time passes and I keep trying to make sense of something that makes no sense, I think the theory he did it to keep his wife happy, thinking it would make no difference and I'd never know, might be right. But then this makes what his wife is doing even more concerning since she sent a copy of it to my oldest DD. There was no note or explanation, just the copy of it, clearly with DIL's return address and handwriting on the envelope, but the document inside was a copy of what DS signed and had notarized.
If DIL meant this to be hurtful, she's got a win-win. Does he know it was mailed to your DD?

The same reasoning which illustrates that it was stupid for him to sign it are the same reasons why you should ignore it. It's not legally enforceable, not likely to be executed, and not worth the consequences of fighting over it.

This is a power struggle. You've heard the term "Drop the rope." In a game of tug-of-war, when you drop the rope while the other person is still pulling, the other person will fall under their own effort. The person dropping the rope retains the dignity of remaining standing. It's a great analogy to these power struggles. Drop the rope.