Thread: sleep apnea
View Single Post
Old January 25th, 2016, 11:34 AM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute
Re: sleep apnea

Okay, um, there's no "nice" way of saying this, but I find that when I am on the heavy side I snore. It builds on itself because snoring means I don't get a good night's sleep, a poor night's sleep hurts my energy levels during the day, low energy levels during the day mean less exercise and more snacking, and there we are stuck in the cycle.

I also snore when my head is congested so I am pretty diligent about saline nasal spray when I shower and, when needed, OTC nasal sprays before bed.

That's not really an answer for you, as I don't know where your weight is relative to normal, just something to consider. Whenever I start snoring at night, that's my cue to realign my diet/exercise habits. (That and the fact that my clothes are all too tight )

And yes, Lucy is right about retraining your sleep position. I had to do it last summer when I had a shoulder injury. You can use a body pillow for that.