View Single Post
Old October 10th, 2009, 03:47 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute
Re: So on the theme of avoidance versus polite contact....

(((((hugs)))))

IMO you still ought to get a "cold" and not go.

I know that temptation to be snarky well, , but being snarky just opens up a possibility that it may come out that you've had a mc and you just don't want to go there with your MIL. IMHO.

Your desire to avoid is compound this time. On top of your normal desire to avoid MIL, you're the type of person who, when injured, needs to retreat and lick your wounds in solace. TBH, I think that's the overriding need at this point. Under normal circumstances you would go and enjoy some wine; under this circumstance you need to take care of yourself.

No one wants to disappoint your DH and your SIL, but this is one of those times that your DH has to put your needs first. I believe he would be willing to do that. Your kids need you there to run interference with FIL, but I think your DH would be ready, willing, and able to do that. (Plus the Golden GC will be there to distract FIL)

(((((hugs)))))