View Single Post
Old December 27th, 2017, 04:56 PM

Ohmysoul1234 is on a distinguished road
Re: I canít stand my mom. Help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayKay View Post
What options do you have?

The ones I come up with are:
- send her back (would she have to live with your dad?)
- have her move out to a small place nearby where she can still help with childcare but she won't be living with you
- help her get a job so she can become independent
- the two of you come up with household rules so that neither of you get angry

Do you think she'd be willing to go see a counselor? Honestly, she sounds like she's a little lost. She may be trying to control you in an effort to still feel needed and useful. Those are her issues to work through, but in the meantime she is hurting your relationship with her.
Thanks for the reply! You are right I think sheís lost and sheís been lost for so long in an abusive relationship with my dad I donít think she can think right. On top of that her personality just makes it worse. She thinks that sheís really a ďgood personĒ because she endured all the abuse from my dad itís like sort of a crown for her which is so wrong. But anyways, I think sending her back would be the best choice and even though she doesnít have to live with him, I think she would always fear that he might find her and do something bad to her so itís still not an easy situation for her. Her getting a job here or being on her own.. I really donít think sheís willing to.. she is so dependent on me and passive she wonít even get out of the house to make friends or anything. Okay, she doesn't really speak English so it would be hard for her to get a job but I at least wanted her to make friends from her country here because they have their churches and communities and stuff but sheís just not willing to.. she now just started going to walmart on her own after 2 years sheís been here. Itís really like I have another child but that child is controlling me as well... she also doesnít think having issues with me is a serious problem.. and doesnít realize how much sheís hurting me. Iím just going to have to send her back but I want her to understand the situation.. itís not because I hate her for no reason.. but yea itís hard 😭

Last edited by Ohmysoul1234; December 27th, 2017 at 05:01 PM.