View Single Post
Old October 26th, 2007, 09:49 AM

elaine will become famous soon enough
Re: Interesting..I think I like it here now

You know what, Trixxie? Although our situations are not entirely the same, I think I understand. I also left all of my extended family last year when we moved to AZ. That has been the hardest part.... thinking about all of the "what if's...." or "what could have beens". But, you are right. Our family get-togethers were few and far between. My husband and I made efforts on many occassions, but the bottom line is our extended family just isn't that close. The truth is, we have probably spent as much quality time with extended family since moving here as we did before. And, we probably talk even more than we did before.

I love it here. I love the weather. I was so tired of the snow and the cold. I see it on TV now and I am so grateful to be here where it's 92 degrees today and I can sit out on my patio in the shade, watch the kids play, and drink an iced tea or lemonade. I have also found it so much easier to make friends here. I am also involved in a support group of my own and I volunteer at my kids school, so I find myself being much more social and outgoing than I did before.

As you know, I also used to work for an airline and I think it is so great you still have your flight benefits and you can fly to WA to see the kids whenever you want to. That is such a great perk that few people get to experience and most would love to have. Whenever a family event, birthday, or home sickness strike, you can hop on the next plane out of town and fly to see your family-- or fly to wherever you want to!

So, no, it's not wrong for you to not mind being away. I sent you a PM with my info.

Aim for success, not perfection. Never give up your right to be wrong, because then you will lose the ability to learn new things and move forward with your life. -- Dr. David Burns