Friends and Family Forum

Friends and Family Forum (http://www.friendsandfamilyforum.com/index.php)
-   Open Chat (http://www.friendsandfamilyforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   retail therapy (http://www.friendsandfamilyforum.com/showthread.php?t=5844)

snafu May 16th, 2013 07:44 PM

retail therapy

I really want to go shopping - I'm in need of some serious therapy

BagLady May 16th, 2013 09:49 PM

Re: retail therapy

I'd like to also, but I have no money. Try spending some time outdoors. I re-potted some flowers the other day, and found it to be theraputic. Normally I take my German Shepherd out for a couple of miles, but since the daughter break up thing has been going on, she's taking up all of my free time...

Knot2loud May 17th, 2013 06:37 AM

Shopping... ugh...

My wife likes to shop. I don't, but I go anyway.

Shoes... Once I counted her pairs. Something like 30-35 pair of shoes. Who needs that many shoes?

Whatcha gonna get snafu? A pair of shoes? LOL

The last time we went shopping I camped out at Barnes & Noble.

LucyVanPelt May 17th, 2013 07:36 AM

I used to work in a shoe store. With my employee discount, I always had a new pair of shoes. Now I have about 4 pair that I wear. I'd love to have a big shoe closet again, but the budget doesn't allow for it right now.

I took ODS shopping yesterday. He needs suits for work. I spent $mucho! then had a 25% coupon, and then was given another 20%. Total was still TOO much for me. I have never spent that kind of money on myself!

But I can't stand a man in a "cheap" suit and college kids really can't afford to buy 5 men's suits.

So my retail therapy is out!

KayKay May 17th, 2013 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knot2loud (Post 62205)
Once I counted her pairs. Something like 30-35 pair of shoes. Who needs that many shoes?

:eek: K2L, you didn't really just ask that, did you? :p

I agree with you though about shopping - I'm not a fan (unless it's shoes). I do have to admit to a certain amount of joy when you aren't intending to shop, but you see something in passing that strikes your fancy and it turns out to be perfect and on sale!!

Knot2loud May 17th, 2013 09:58 AM

My wife lets me camp out at the book store if I want to. Once I complained that following her around to watch her shop was like watching paint dry. She didn't appreciate the comment so I asked her to follow me around once - she did. She admitted she didn't care to look at electronics, hardware stores, sporting good stores and other stores that carry gadgets. I think the topper was when I was comparing refrigerators, stoves and dishwashers to like brands. I think her eyes kind of glazed over when I was explaining the differences to her.

Usually I'll follow her around so she can ask me if I like or dislike an article of clothing or just become a mobile clothes rack for her. The good side is it's time together.

However, she doesn't complain if we're at the mall and I ask her if she cares if I hang out at the book store while she shops.

KayKay May 17th, 2013 10:01 AM

If I brought my husband shopping with me and asked his opinion on clothes, I wouldn't have any clothes appropriate for a woman my age to wear in public. :p

Knot2loud May 17th, 2013 10:26 AM

LOL... I've done that a few times. even hand picked a few things out over time. Unfortunately, she didn't particularly think they were appropriate for a woman her age.

Darn... :(

snafu May 18th, 2013 09:55 AM

I got gift certificates for Mother's Day ... and just got a 50% coupon for one of the places in the mail (:D score - I'll get double the value from DS's mother's day gift)

I also want to buy some plants

Knot2loud May 20th, 2013 06:33 AM

Guess what! My wife bought a new pair of sandles yesterday.

She asked me how I liked them. I told her they looked really nice.

I'm such a hypocrite. :D