Friends and Family Forum

Friends and Family Forum (http://www.friendsandfamilyforum.com/index.php)
-   Boyfriends & Girlfriends (http://www.friendsandfamilyforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Padlock- is this normal for a girl in her twenties in foster care to have messages (http://www.friendsandfamilyforum.com/showthread.php?t=7553)

outgoingcutie15 October 21st, 2015 10:14 AM

Padlock- is this normal for a girl in her twenties in foster care to have messages

Hey everyone. I am asking advice for my guy friend and I need everyone's input

So my guy friend and his gf have been dating for a year. His gf who is in her twenties is in foster care. Recently my friends gfs foster mom put a padlock on my friends gf to monitor messages between my guy friend and his gf. Is this a red flag?

KayKay October 21st, 2015 12:12 PM

Re: Padlock- is this normal for a girl in her twenties in foster care to have message

I must not know what a padlock is. I think of it as a big, metal lock to prevent a door from opening.

A red flag for what? Do you think the GF is being abused?

Honestly, this isn't something I think you should get involved in. Your friend's GF is an adult. If she is in foster care, that means there is some reason the state decided she can not take care of herself. Her foster mother is responsible for acting in the girl's best interest. For some reason, the foster mother thinks those messages need to be monitored. I don't know why, and chances are good that you and your friend don't know why either.

Is your friend under age 18?

outgoingcutie15 October 21st, 2015 12:26 PM

Re: Padlock- is this normal for a girl in her twenties in foster care to have message

No she is in her 20s

LucyVanPelt October 21st, 2015 01:24 PM

I thought I misread the age.

Adults in their 20's don't normally have foster parents. If she has been ordered there through the court, THAT would be a red flag.

If she's there voluntarily and paying her own bills, the foster parents are overstepping. If they pay for the phone and her bills, then she has a choice to make. But as KayKay already said, this is between her and the foster parents. Do not get involved.

KayKay October 21st, 2015 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by outgoingcutie15 (Post 78358)
No she is in her 20s

I meant your guy friend. How old is he?

Catwoman October 21st, 2015 04:54 PM

What is this padlock thing?

KayKay October 21st, 2015 06:51 PM

^ No advertising allowed here though, remember. So if outgoingcutie is going to explain, it needs to be a non-advertisement. :)

outgoingcutie15 October 21st, 2015 08:44 PM

My guy friend is in his twenties

KayKay October 22nd, 2015 12:19 AM

Why is she in foster care?

Mrs X October 22nd, 2015 12:53 PM

Outgoingcutie15, This woman is supposedly an adult, and her mother should definitely not be looking at her texts, but this is between them to sort out.

(- Do neither of them understand this is inappropriate no matter who pays the bills?) (??)

- If it is a court-ordered monitoring, then i would be concerned for your guy friend, indeed.