Friends and Family Forum

Friends and Family Forum (http://www.friendsandfamilyforum.com/index.php)
-   Weight Loss/Exercise (http://www.friendsandfamilyforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   new "diet" (http://www.friendsandfamilyforum.com/showthread.php?t=7130)

snafu January 7th, 2015 03:12 PM

new "diet"

My new diet is to eat healthier/eat less processed foods.

breakfast = 4 oz yogurt, approx. 3 oz fruit (yum strawberries) and 1/3 cup granola

snacks = apple slices and cheese

lunch = left over main dish from the night before & 2 servings of bell peppers and dip

supper = no/few processed foods (I'm not making tortillas when we have tacos)

and I'm drinking lots of water

week 1 = 1 lb lost

LucyVanPelt January 8th, 2015 06:12 AM

Re: new "diet"

Well done, snafu! No processed foods is a great goal. Even with tortillas, you can find ones that are more authentic/less processed.

And already a pound down!!!

snafu January 10th, 2015 09:59 AM

Well, after all the yummy food from the holidays and all the candy and fudge it was easy to lose it first pound cuz I wasn't eating all that good high calorie stuff anymore.

Catwoman January 10th, 2015 02:58 PM

I had started by cutting out all desserts and sweets and takeaways. I have lost 1.5kg since Jan first already.

snafu January 17th, 2015 04:31 PM

little late posting

week 2 - another pound lost, for a total of 2 pounds :)

Catwoman January 17th, 2015 09:02 PM

Ive now lost 3kg since 1st Jan....not eating any rubbish or bad stuff...I just curb my sweet craving with a bit of fruit.

snafu January 23rd, 2015 07:57 PM

week 3 - a total of 3 lost (now weighing 152 lbs)

hope I can keep it up

(formula for how much water to drink: your weight /2 = ounces; so for me 152/2= 76 ounces of water each day or 9.5 cups)

snafu January 28th, 2015 07:23 PM

week 4 - didn't lose any this time, holding at 152 pounds ( :( DH and I ate out a few times over the weekend and, well.... I've had a few cokes )

snafu January 31st, 2015 08:05 AM

a co-worker I had last year was including chia seeds in her diet to help with weight loss (I looked chia seeds up on either WedMD or the Mayo clinic web site, it didn't mention weight loss, but other health benefits).

Anyway - I'm going to try it for 3 months (according to the medical site that was a good time frame- due to possible side effects). Right now I'm trying to find what amount works for me without issues.

2-3 tablespoons/1 ounce is recommended, but was way too much for me - even though it worked. 1-2 teaspoons doesn't do much, so I'm up 1 tablespoon now.

snafu February 6th, 2015 03:13 PM

week 5 - I want a new scale .... due to my weight shifting from 150 and 153 and back (multiple times) on Wednesday. I reweighed myself Thursday & today and got 150 lbs. both times :)