Friends and Family Forum

Friends and Family Forum (http://www.friendsandfamilyforum.com/index.php)
-   Weight Loss/Exercise (http://www.friendsandfamilyforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   taking action (http://www.friendsandfamilyforum.com/showthread.php?t=7711)

snafu January 27th, 2016 04:23 PM

taking action

I read an old thread & discovered that 10 years ago I weighed 136, I now weigh 150. Which means I gained an average of 2 lbs a year .... and lets not forget I was heavier (at one time I was approaching my pregnancy weight).

That thread also mentioned that in order to maintain your weight (after your metabolism tanks) you need to exercise an hour a day.

So .... I've contacted a dietitian/health coaching service offered for free through my employer.

LucyVanPelt January 27th, 2016 05:10 PM

Re: taking action

Wow, way to be proactive! Good luck!

snafu January 27th, 2016 08:12 PM

maybe I can get suggestions about DH too

LucyVanPelt January 28th, 2016 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snafu (Post 79669)
maybe I can get suggestions about DH too

If you cook healthier meals, DH will benefit from that.

And when you're feeling much better about yourself, he'll also benefit from that. ;)

KayKay January 28th, 2016 08:50 AM

Yeah, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink and all. I have that same situation with my DH.

Knot2loud January 28th, 2016 09:23 AM

Keep on with the encouragement - even if they get irritated. They're your husbands and you're allowed to pester them - it's your marital right. My wife steps on my toes and it's because she cares for me - she told me that too.

LucyVanPelt January 28th, 2016 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knot2loud (Post 79673)
Keep on with the encouragement - even if they get irritated. They're your husbands and you're allowed to pester them - it's your marital right. My wife steps on my toes and it's because she cares for me - she told me that too.

Just this week, my DH told me that he hates when I nag, but he knows he won't do some things unless I nag, so he has new-found appreciation for the nag I am! :D

Knot2loud January 28th, 2016 09:55 AM

Like I said before... Wives nag! It's there job.

Men... We're exist to aggravate our wives.

Heck of a circle isn't it? Cycle maybe? Circle/Cycle... ?

snafu February 11th, 2016 06:59 PM

according to the dietitian I need to:

eat more fruits & veggies

don't eat processed snacks or breakfast cereal (or at least not as much)

eat whole wheat grains (pasta, rice, breads)

keep drinking water (she was happy with the amount I do drink)

keep making meals from scratch

when I'm eating canned soups - I've made good choices (ex. low sodium, veggie barley, chicken & rice)

LucyVanPelt February 12th, 2016 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snafu (Post 79802)
don't eat processed snacks or breakfast cereal (or at least not as much)

This is something I have to work on. There are a lot of processed snacks in my house, thanks to DH. I'm trying to reduce the amount that's brought it, but seriously, nothing is better than a TastyKake! :D