Friends and Family Forum

Friends and Family Forum (http://www.friendsandfamilyforum.com/index.php)
-   All Grown Up (http://www.friendsandfamilyforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   bad daughter (http://www.friendsandfamilyforum.com/showthread.php?t=4163)

snafu August 31st, 2011 06:45 PM

bad daughter

I miss my DM, I really do. However, due to her health she can't do a lot - or as much as she would like :(.

She's going to spend the weekend with us - and :o, well - I feel that I'll have to curtail some of the things/activities DS & I wanted to do.

KayKay August 31st, 2011 07:32 PM

Re: bad daughter

So why does that make you a bad daughter? :confused: A bad daughter wouldn't care and would leave her in the dust. ;)

Mrs X September 1st, 2011 03:10 AM

:) - Agree with KayKay. - Have a lovely weekend.

snafu September 1st, 2011 01:41 PM

:o I haven't been able to attend _____ for a year or two & I really, really want to so it - DM would love to go, but due to her health & the heat its impossible. So I feel bad - I feel I'm giving up something I really want, because she's going to be visiting, & it'd be rude to go & leave her at home.

There's other things too....its just that I'd getting older & packing all of DM's stuff & medical equipment, etc. wears me out :( - I also have to pick her up & the round trip (including packing & loading her stuff) takes about 4 hours ( or more).

I'm finding that I want to do something enjoyable for the amount of time I'm running back & forth (about 8 hrs total) rather than being a pack mule :o.

I really wished she lived closer - like 20 minutes (or less) away -

KayKay September 1st, 2011 01:43 PM

(((snafu)))

You're allowed to feel that way. The important thing is how you behave, and you're being a good daughter. You know, a lot of aging parents move closer to their adult children - my GMIL did it and my IL's were able to take care of her as she aged. Any chance your mom would consider that?

snafu September 1st, 2011 01:48 PM

she doesn't want to move away from her friends AND places in my area cost more :(

and DM has said that there is no way she'd ever move in with us, she needs her alone time (guess I know where/who I got my need for alone time from)

Knot2loud September 2nd, 2011 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snafu (Post 43707)
she doesn't want to move away from her friends AND places in my area cost more :(

and DM has said that there is no way she'd ever move in with us, she needs her alone time (guess I know where/who I got my need for alone time from)

My mothers the same way - can't leave her friends and loves her alone time. She did live with us for about a year, but my wife and her weren't getting along. It's been a year and a half now and they get along rather well. At least they're civil to each other (more so than my wife and daughter - but that's another story).

snafu... you're not a bad daughter; not at all. Your mom should be, and probably is, proud of you.

snafu December 16th, 2011 09:12 PM

I'm feeling guilty again...sigh... I want a holiday with just family (those of us who live in the same house) one year :( - I want to open presents without company here... and I feel guilty as neither of my sisters have made any effort in years to see DM at X-mas (& :o I want a year, when I have DS, off.

I hope one of my sisters will make the trip to see DM at X-mas next year, so she won't be alone -otherwise I'll have her again

I want to be able to relax without company over break :( - I get no down time, well not as much as I want/need. I want to read, bake, take care of stuff, get on line, etc. and DM wants to "visit" - there's only so much we have to talk about

I used to get DM for more days, but this year she'll be here 4 days/3 nights - that's it

LucyVanPelt December 17th, 2011 06:39 AM

(((hugs))) I understand.

snafu December 17th, 2011 06:57 AM

sigh .... I know she won't be around forever (due to her health & heart transplant 12 yrs ago, I know her time is limited...DM & I didn't think she'd live to see DS grad from Middle School/Jr High - that's 1 1/2 yr from now)

and as DS just loves having Grandma stay, 'd hate to disappoint him as well (:p she gets his room & DS stays in what I call "the man cave" :rolleyes::p)

soon he'll probably turn into a teen boy who can't be bothered with parents/grandparents -