PDA

View Full Version : "extra" cat

snafu
January 11th, 2016, 06:40 PM
we seem to have our own version of kaykay's "porch cat"

the cat is very fluffy, white with a black tail and black markings on the face.

he/she likes to lay on the other side of our sliding glass door and watch our cats (Ghost will bat/paw at the door)

{I've been calling it Ash in my mind}

KayKay
January 11th, 2016, 08:13 PM
He he he... have you fed it yet? Made it a little bed so it won't suffer in the cold?

LucyVanPelt
January 12th, 2016, 02:17 PM
Doesn't matter if she fed it, yet. She named it! :D

Knot2loud
January 13th, 2016, 05:31 AM
I've always thought that the best cats were the ones that adopted you, not you them.

When I was a kid the only cats we got were the stray ones that stuck around. My dad loved cats... and dogs, and chickens, and birds, and fish, rodents...

snafu
January 13th, 2016, 01:48 PM
maybe we should try to name it.

Kaykay had "porch cat" and if he'd lived in the attic, he would have been Atticus :)

As this one hangs out on the concrete pad outside my sliding glass doors - anyone have suggestions?

The only one I can come up with is Thai Pad (or maybe Paddy?)

Knot2loud
January 14th, 2016, 04:56 AM
Paddy is a good name.

I renamed my Chihuahua "scooter" because it does.

snafu
January 15th, 2016, 10:23 AM
I got busted feeding Ash Paddy the other night

snafu
April 19th, 2016, 02:56 PM
Ash took off for parts unknown

... but other kitties keep showing up ... one of whom has taken to pooping on our deck ... I assume as a kind of "in your face" to our cats (one "deposit" was right up against the deck door)

KayKay
April 19th, 2016, 03:47 PM
Rude! I hope you aren't feeding that one!

We have all kinds of animals that come to eat Porch Cat's food. The most recent has been a crow. Crows are apparently very intelligent, but this one hasn't yet made the connection between it cawing on our porch (calling its friends?) and me opening up the door to scare it away.

Catwoman
April 19th, 2016, 07:13 PM
Ash took off for parts unknown

... but other kitties keep showing up ... one of whom has taken to pooping on our deck ... I assume as a kind of "in your face" to our cats (one "deposit" was right up against the deck door)

I think its a bit of marking their territory thing.

snafu
April 21st, 2016, 02:15 PM
I've not fed any of the others. Except for psycho kitty, since Ash left - random cats stop by, but I haven't seen any repeats.