snafu
October 3rd, 2012, 04:42 PM
Has anyone else tried this stuff?

DH is fed up with "lu air de poo/pee" that wafts from the litter boxes

so I'm trying a combomnation of the following:

-cleaning the boxes at least 3x day
- putting about 2" of litter in the boxes & totally chaning them weekly
- trying the new litter

thus far the cats don't like the new stuff, but are getting used to it; the new litter really works on the oders (one box is about 1/3 old litter & 2/3 new stuff; the other box is about 1/4 new stuff and 3/4 old stuff)

KayKay
October 3rd, 2012, 05:47 PM
:eek:

snafu, are you sure there's not something wrong with your cat? :( We have three cats and two litter boxes (yes, I know... one too few) and absolutely no problem with smell. I'd have to guess, but we use probably about 3-4 inches of litter. No daily cleaning, weekly changing. (non-clumping, multicat use formula). Do you have a lid on the litter box?

snafu
October 4th, 2012, 04:37 PM
:eek:

snafu, are you sure there's not something wrong with your cat? :( We have three cats and two litter boxes (yes, I know... one too few) and absolutely no problem with smell. I'd have to guess, but we use probably about 3-4 inches of litter. No daily cleaning, weekly changing. (non-clumping, multicat use formula). Do you have a lid on the litter box?

:eek: so you only clean poo out once a week :confused::eek: - my cats would rebell

no, no lid ... when they had lids I'd forget to scoop out the boxes

KayKay
October 4th, 2012, 05:52 PM
We don't clean poo out at all. We bag it up and toss it, with a whole new bag. My kitties don't know any better TO rebel. :o

Mrs X
October 5th, 2012, 01:50 PM
Our kitty litter used to smell in a day in the summer, and hardly at all in the winter, and i used to take the poo out as soon as i noticed it. Could you put the litter somewhere cooler? I didn't have an option for positioning, but now the cat litter is banished, so puss has to go outside again, like she managed for the first 10 years of her life, lol.

snafu
October 26th, 2012, 03:49 PM
the pine kitty litter is working