PDA

View Full Version : disengaging-reprise

snafu
October 15th, 2010, 07:30 AM
sigh - I was doing really well disengaging from the DH/DSD dyad - note the past tense:(

I haven't been stressing at all about DSD & her cell :clap:-not my kid, not my problem, AND {at this time anyway} her cell usage hasn't had an impact on my DS.

Carp in her room however - I was able to disengage :) - but I've caught DS with stuff in his room (thus far he's removing it) - but now its an issue of DSD gets to do it (AND she does leave her bedroom door open at times - DS can see exactly what she gets way with in her room):mad:

Can anyone suggest any solution(s)?

snafu
October 17th, 2010, 07:52 PM
Being a responsible adult= lots of gray hair; detachment = priceless (and less gray)

DSD bought her own computer & printer.

She now has unlimited, unmonitered internet assess in her room :rolleyes: And ya know what - as long as DS doesn't start in about it, I don't care.

She's got to be independent at some point before she goes to college -

LucyVanPelt
October 18th, 2010, 04:57 AM
snafu, parenting this way is very stressful for everyone.

My DD is 6 and she's been complaining for 2 years now that she doesn't like being the youngest and she wants to be able to do what her brothers are doing. She thinks that if she complains enough, she'll get her way, like I'm really going to let her drive a car?:eek::D She'll get to do things at the age/maturity appropriate time, too.

You know you have to accept that you can't change anything about the relationship with DSD, but does not mean that you have to give in to DS.