PDA

View Full Version : That Darn Cat

snafu
June 24th, 2010, 02:33 PM
BG: DS is at my ex's & returns tomorrow; DSD was out
and
one "kitty" likes to play with the cords on the blinds - I've only seen hi do this downstrair so I didn't see any harm in it :rolleyes:

Yesterday I was outside doing some yard work (DH was helping) & I heard a loud noise - that sounded as if it were coming from DS's room. As I knew no one was in the house I looked for crazy squirrels on the roof - didn't see any, and later forgot about it.

Last night DSD ask if we're throwing away DS's blinds. DH & I =:confused::confused:. She said they're in the hall - I looked and they were wrecked/broken as well as a lot of stuff (ok - junk) has been knocked off DS's dresser. That's when I realized that the noise I heard must have been the cat playing whit (and destroying) the blinds. :rolleyes:

snafu
July 5th, 2010, 01:10 PM
same cat - He thinks he's an alarm clock :rolleyes:. IF DH & I don't get up "on time" Ghost will bat at something to make a noise that wakes me up - once I'm up he gets fed. :mad: I've inadvertenly trained him to wake me up :mad:

KayKay
July 5th, 2010, 01:52 PM
One of ours wakes us up too, snafu. He wakes *me* up by jumping on my side of the bed... on top of ME... then walking across me to DH where he wakes *DH* by snuggling up in his underarm. Gee... wish I got the snuggling and not the jumping. :rolleyes: Once I'm up, he waits for me to finish in the bathroom, then walks me to the cat food. He's not wanting to be fed; he has a self-feeder. He's wanting me to feed the porch cat, because I always give the indoor cats a few morsels of the porch cat's food, and they like it a lot better than the healthy/diet stuff they're forced to eat.

snafu
July 8th, 2011, 08:43 PM
same cat - He thinks he's an alarm clock :rolleyes:. IF DH & I don't get up "on time" Ghost will bat at something to make a noise that wakes me up - once I'm up he gets fed. :mad: I've inadvertenly trained him to wake me up :mad:

It's been over a year & he's still doing this :rolleyes: - he now gets very vocal if (heaven forbid) his royal highness doesn't get what he wants. Thing is now all the animals are getting into the act :eek:

Mrs X
July 9th, 2011, 04:01 PM
Bottle of water spray required on the bedside table i reckon!

snafu
July 10th, 2011, 08:36 PM
He was very persistent this morning (if he can't get to you-you know, if the door is shut- he gets really loud)

so once again I reinforced (by feeding) a behavior I don't like so I could go back to sleep

Mrs X
July 11th, 2011, 02:20 AM
*Groan* - we've all done it. Feeding the cat and going back to sleep is much better than staying awake and listening to the cat staaaarrrrving to death.

snafu
September 9th, 2011, 02:29 PM
:mad::o

I had extra Welsh Cakes left over this morning - and had planned (note the past tense) on putting them in the fridge after they'd cooled. I had a killer headache & tried to take a nap.

I discovered at least one of the cats had eaten cake :mad:

(its my own fault for not putting them away ASAP)

KayKay
September 9th, 2011, 09:31 PM
One of my fondest memories is from one of the birthdays of my cat-hating Evil Sister. I can't remember what it was, but I remember being really hurt by something she had done and not being able to do anything about it since it was her birthday. The shriek she let out when she walked into our dining room and found our cat on the table eating her birthday cake.... well, that was a one of my first lessons in Karma. :D:devil:

Good kitty.

snafu
October 11th, 2011, 06:05 AM
I got a new shower curtain for the kids bathroom. :D:rolleyes: - it has tree frogs on it...huge tree frogs. Anyway - ghost got a bit freaked out - he slunk up to the curtain - was very jumpy (ran from the "frogs" when I made a niose). He tried sniffing the frogs, touching them, etc. - but once he looked behind the shower curtain & saw that there was nothing there, he was fine.

snafu
November 10th, 2011, 07:06 PM
BG: our male cat loves to sleep with DS (esp, since he has a heated mattress pad); this is the same cat who will "knock" to be let into/out of our room when the door is shut and will knock to get us out of bed to feed him :rolleyes::(

DS will sometimes shut the door to his room (you know where this is going, don't ya?)

Last night, in the wee hours (& do I mean wee hours) of the night gray kitty wanted in DS's room - he knocked rather insistently and became very vocal :eek: - woke DH up (& me, but I was too groggy to realize it wasn't a dream). DH got up and let his royal highness (aka spoiled brat) into DS's room so he could get back to sleep.

DS has been told that he can not shut his door anymore at night - it has to be able to open enough so that HRC (his royal catness) can have access. :rolleyes:

Lizzie
November 11th, 2011, 01:58 AM
My tabby cat liked to sleep at the end of my bed. If she wants to get out on a morning we are lying in, she will hit ME on the head till I oblige!
Cats..you would have to love them!

bingobango
November 11th, 2011, 02:19 PM
I love this thread.

Senior cat is a dream. Rules the World of course but is loyal and sits by me when I'm working, curls up on me if I'm poorly.

Apparently, though, when I took the new kitten into the house I opened the door to satan. He's seven months now and methodically trashing the house, has widdled in my gardening shoes, ignores me completely except to demand food and pushes the dog out of the way to get to his food, swings from the curtains, tries to jump in the fridge, I've had to kitten-proof my doors and cupboards to stop him getting into places he shouldn't be and what thanks do I get for taking him in, sorting out his healthcare and food and comfort, bowing to his every whim..... does he come for a nice cuddle on my knee? NO! The first person he goes to every time is the bf. And whose knee did he have his first kitty snooze on? The bf. And who does he rub noses with? The bf. And WHO is he asleep on the couch now with? The bf.:mad:

KayKay
November 11th, 2011, 03:48 PM
:D That's funny.

snafu
November 27th, 2011, 08:42 AM
a neighbor gave us a (small) beautiful fall floral arrangement ... I love it... (& I'm not normally that "into" arrangments)

anyway - I discovered the "princess" loves it too - she'd been trying to eat it, without getting caught :rolleyes:. I've now moved it from the table to the mantel. Now I've got a kitty who will sit on the floor and gaze longingly at the flowers

KayKay
November 27th, 2011, 12:32 PM
She can't get on the mantel?!? Anytime I get an arrangement, it goes either on top of the grandfather clock in the entry hall or on the built in shelves above the TV in the family room (I have to get a stepladder to put in up there). Those are the only two places I have found in my house that prevent my flower arrangements from becoming an all-you-can-eat salad bar for the cats.

It has gotten to a point where I don't like receiving flower arrangements. :( I always know that the intention is good, and the flowers are beautiful, but all it does is give me more cat barf to clean up. Given my druthers I'd pass.

snafu
November 28th, 2011, 06:44 PM
nope, she doesn't get on the mantel - DH doesn't call her pudge cat for nothing :p

snafu
January 16th, 2012, 05:59 AM
:eek::rolleyes:
They tag teamed me yesterday!

Part of my lunch disappeared yesterday... I had the pasta reheating in the oven & my roll was on my plate/the counter. I left the room and did other stuff while my food was heating. When I came back my roll was no where to found! :confused:

The best DH and I can figure out (due to the evidence) was that one of the cats nibbled on my roll (crumb trail), then knocked if off the counter... then the dog ate it (crumbs on the floor & she was still looking for more when I came back into the kitchen). btw - I was the only one home

KayKay
January 16th, 2012, 10:24 AM
Awww... they were helping you with your diet. :D

bingobango
January 17th, 2012, 01:44 PM
Tag-teaming and water-pistols from this thread come together here....

I keep a little water-pistol to squirt the monster-kitten-from-the-devil's-lair with when he's doing something naughty. He hates it.

I leave it on the shelves in the sitting-room.

I come home from work, it's in chewed and mangled pieces on the bedroom floor.

My sleuthing powers lead me to deduce that:
naughty monster kitten knocked it off the shelves and tagged to dog
dog carried it upstairs to the bedroom
monster kitten and dog set to work demolishing it together.

:(

bingobango
January 21st, 2012, 08:39 AM
Today I bought some special spray to put on furniture. It stops cats clawing at it apparently.

The smell has made me feel sick all day.

I sprayed it all over the chair and table legs.

The demon kitten climbed ON the table, clawed the tablecloth out of the way, and set to work clawing the table underneath which hadn't been sprayed.

:mad:

KayKay
January 21st, 2012, 08:44 AM
Bad kitty! :( Do you have a scratching post that it just ignores?

bingobango
January 21st, 2012, 09:21 AM
That's right KayKay...

when he was a teeny kitty he liked it but not any longer.

Last night he chewed through my radio aerial.

And the day before I found him working the buckle off my shoe.

Grrr! If only he wasn't so cute.:o

snafu
January 31st, 2012, 04:41 PM
:mad:

I caught one of the cats "red pawed", so to speak, this morning.

I'd cleaned the litter boxes earlier, and had gone back downstairs fo rsome reason and SAW the little bugger taking a dump on the dog's towel (luckily, it wasn't much :rolleyes:). I recleaned the litterboxes and took/replaced the litterbox throw rug to wash with the towel. Kitty then tries to poo on the clean rug I just put down :eek::mad:.

I think he may of had "issues" so I gave both cats stuff to help them pass fur balls :rolleyes:.

bingobango
February 2nd, 2012, 02:54 PM
I'm in bed.

Demon kitten is downstairs. I can hear something being methodically destroyed. Do I get out of my nice cosy bed to investigate then I'll have to clear up whatever fragments of some household item are left. Or do I stay in my nice cosy bed and have the big reveal in the morning?

Ah ..... The dilemma!

KayKay
February 2nd, 2012, 03:48 PM
I'd get out of bed. I'm not thrilled to deal with cat nighttime shenanigans in the morning when I'm drowsy.

snafu
February 2nd, 2012, 04:51 PM
I'm in bed.

Demon kitten is downstairs. I can hear something being methodically destroyed. Do I get out of my nice cosy bed to investigate then I'll have to clear up whatever fragments of some household item are left. Or do I stay in my nice cosy bed and have the big reveal in the morning?

Ah ..... The dilemma!

a cliff hanger.... what did you do? (and what was it?)

bingobango
February 3rd, 2012, 09:59 AM
I stayed in bed. Just as I dozed off the now 11lb kitten jumped on my stomach to announce his arrival.

What's worrying me is I can't find what he's destroyed. Remember I live in a teeny tiny house. There are only so many places he might have got in to destroy. I suspect when I put my dinner on the table later it will collapse where he's gnawed through the leg or something.

*~sigh*

KayKay
February 3rd, 2012, 11:07 AM
LOL - what kind of noise was it? You don't think he was actually using the *gasp* scratching post, do you?

bingobango
February 3rd, 2012, 01:27 PM
Sadly, KayKay, the scratching post remains neglected. I can't believe that just a few months ago he could sit on top of it and now he's bigger than it... and bigger than the older cat... and bigger than the dog. He is, in fact, a puma.

The noise was a clunking and gnawing noise, punctuated with sharp bangs. He's not eaten his dinner tonight so I think he's completely destroyed something, eaten it, and given himself belly ache.

I'll just wait to see what he pukes up on the bedroom carpet later.:(

snafu
February 4th, 2012, 05:32 PM
!#@$* cat :whip:

Someone was pizzing in/on DS's "hoard"/pile of stuff hidden behind the bar downstairs. And I didn't discover it until earlier this week when DS and I cleaned his carp up :mad:!!! (things is, the cat pee meant that DS had to throw some of the stuff away :o:))

The pee, in addition to the cat barf/yak, means I'm going to be shampooing the carpet now .... rather than after the sprring/rainy season :(:rolleyes:.

snafu
February 20th, 2012, 12:14 PM
:(:rolleyes::mad:

Yesterday - once the carpet dried (I'd shampooed it) one of the cats yaked on my newly clean carpet :eek::mad:...:rolleyes:.

I still have to shampoo the other half of the basment carpet - so I'll redo that spot too.

KayKay
February 20th, 2012, 02:45 PM
Our cats throw up so much that DH got me a mini-steamer for Valentine's Day one year. Yup. Need to go get it out right now, in fact...

snafu
March 21st, 2012, 10:06 AM
kaykay - how well does that mini steam cleaner work?

My "clean" carpet has been yaked on multiple times and I don't want to get the "big guns" out for small spots.

KayKay
March 21st, 2012, 06:51 PM
It works pretty well. :) The particular one I have has a bizarre spray pattern that I don't like. It sprays on a wide angle, which makes it difficult to spray on one spot (like cat yak). But, *shrug*, I make it work.

HisHeathenHoney
March 21st, 2012, 07:08 PM
I just got a Bissell Little Green clean machine for Christmas (which I asked for specifically b/c of cat yak) and I think it is the bestestest thing ever.

KayKay
March 21st, 2012, 08:11 PM
That's the same one I have. Does your spray do a wide angle or can you do a spot treatment?

HisHeathenHoney
March 21st, 2012, 08:23 PM
Wide-ish. I guess. It's just a line of teeny nozzles. Eh, it's not too bad.

I'm easy to impress, I guess, I used to struggle with Resolve and a ****load of paper towels. the spray/vacuum thing by comparison is so awesome, I adore it.

KayKay
March 21st, 2012, 08:50 PM
Oh, they've updated the nozzles then. :) Mine is just one nozzle, kind of like an aerosal can's, and the spray comes out as far as about 45 degrees from center on either side. It's doable if I hold the nozzle very, very close to the stain. Sometimes I just hold the brush at whatever angle it takes to get cleaning fluid on the spot, even if it's spraying straight up in the air on the other side.

I love my Little Green too - don't mean to sound like I don't.

snafu
March 22nd, 2012, 04:28 AM
:( I think I'm going to have to get one - I just now cleaned up more cat yak... again

Mrs X
March 22nd, 2012, 05:20 PM
We've got one too, little green bissel thing, it is ancient, and has the wide angle nozzle, which does squit lots of little streams out, but mostly ends up dribbling a bit. I hate it, one barrel always gets filled with dilute vomit, which i then have to clean out. And the whole hose contraption has to be cleaned out, and left hanging outside to dry. :rolleyes:

Edit to say, i think the main reason i hate it is because DH usually uses it in the middle of the night, and it is very LOUD. And then i have to clean it out the next day. If he doesn't notice the cat or dog throwing up in the night, i pick up most of the mess quietly, and throw a wet towel on the contaminated spot.

KayKay
March 22nd, 2012, 09:09 PM
And the whole hose contraption has to be cleaned out, and left hanging outside to dry. :rolleyes:

Oh, yeah... Yeah... it does. Uh, yeah... I do that.

Mrs X
October 2nd, 2012, 12:18 PM
DH has put a lot of effort into re-gravelling our driveway. He did it by wheel barrow, as there is not really enough driveway to warrant getting a digger in, and they make SUCH a mess. Hard work, and slow, but it looks beautiful.

Lucky cat, she thinks, "daddy made me a HUGE toilet!!!!"

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:- This hasn't damaged their relationship, it was already as bad as it could get.

KayKay
October 2nd, 2012, 12:31 PM
:eek:

I suppose she is burying her handiwork?

Mrs X
October 2nd, 2012, 05:47 PM
Um, well, see... You know how the Cat is the centre of all my drama right? - She's not that good at burying stuff, she does try. A bit. But mostly misses. And then along comes the dog.........

So the beautiful pristine driveway is a bit dented at the edges. Sigh. Hubby NOT a happy panda.

snafu
October 2nd, 2012, 05:56 PM
Um, well, see... You know how the Cat is the centre of all my drama right? - She's not that good at burying stuff, she does try. A bit. But mostly misses. And then along comes the dog.........

:eek: ....:rofl:

snafu
June 22nd, 2013, 10:37 AM
:mad::rolleyes:

:( Guess who was playing & chewed/bit a few small fang sized holes (& larger- he just had to pull/tug) in my new beds sheets*? The Ghost Kitty - he'd better be glad I didn't make him a ghost! :cool:

(*these were the expensive ones that I got a really good deal on)

snafu
September 26th, 2013, 04:12 AM
:rolleyes::mad::rolleyes:

There have been puddles of water lately by the water bowl - I just thought DH & I might have sloshed a bit when filling the water bowl - nope, kitties are having fun splashing the water.

Mrs X
September 27th, 2013, 04:36 PM
:rolleyes::mad::rolleyes: There have been puddles of water lately by the water bowl - I just thought DH & I might have sloshed a bit when filling the water bowl - nope, kitties are having fun splashing the water.

Ha ha, did you catch them at it????

snafu
September 27th, 2013, 06:26 PM
yes - they've both been busted :rolleyes::cool:

Ghost started splashing as soon as I changed the water :eek: - maybe he thought his paws were dirty :rolleyes::p

Princess ... went splashing later (I honestly thought she was the only one doing it - I used to have a water bowl with a reservoir that I thought was leaking - until I caught her emptying it

snafu
March 7th, 2014, 07:19 PM
:rolleyes::cool:

both cats have gotten really good at conning me first thing in the morning

:o I tend to drowse after the alarm goes off - sometimes I don't realize DH already fed the cats and they've finally figured it out - if they both act like they've not been fed I'll feed them.

The other day DH caught me when I got back upstairs and told me he'd already fed them. In the short amount of time it took me to get back downstairs they'd both eaten 3/4ths of their second breakfast.

snafu
March 10th, 2014, 06:14 PM
2 days ago I got the carpet shampooed, today the cat yaked on it

(and on DH's shoes)

snafu
October 28th, 2014, 01:55 PM
:mad::mad::mad:

I don't know the reason, but one of the cats peed on the bathroom rug ... I discovered this in the "wee" hours of the morning .... when I stepped on a wet rug :puke:

our "Princess" tends to express displeasure by peeing where she's not supposed to .... and we're having the bathroom redone - and I had to move the litter boxes as they are downstairs, directly under our shower

snafu
November 1st, 2014, 11:32 AM
:mad: she keeps doing it, but as she's 11 yr old I don't think we can change her behavior - she's done stuff like this for years

Rosewell
December 19th, 2014, 08:47 PM
Ive got a couple stories.
My kitty has long fur.
Occasionaly, a little piece of poo will stick to her long butt fur.
When it finally drops on the carpet, she will see it and try to bury it... on the carpet.
Hehe.

I made a plate of leftover thanksgiving dinner last year.
Sat the plate on the bed for less than 10 seconds.
Turned back to see a piece of turkey sticking out of her mouth.
She just looks up at me like, "What?"
I just shook my head and laughed as she sat down and gobbled it.

snafu
January 23rd, 2015, 06:51 PM
Ever have a cat pace back and forth from one side of the bed to the other .... while you are (were) sleeping? Its one sure way to wake me up! But at 5 am ...argh!

KayKay
January 23rd, 2015, 07:26 PM
My cats all walk around our bed (on the floor) to jump onto our bed in the same place, then walk across the bed to find a comfortable spot. That landing place is the spot right by my chest. And somehow each cat manages to take a step with each paw (so four steps) right across a very sensitive area. That's not a fun thing to wake up to.

snafu
February 26th, 2015, 07:58 PM
either one of the kitties OR DSD's pup pooped on a/the sleeping bag(s) x-(

I'm ticked off because DS & his BFF didn't put the bags away (now I've got to wash them this weekend) AND because one of the critters had bad "manners"

and DSD's pup just loves the "gifts" left in the litter boxes - she just won't leave them there

snafu
March 19th, 2015, 09:40 AM
right now it "THAT @#$(*$ CAT!!!"

we're removing part of the carpet in the finished basement because someone has been using it for a litter box

Knot2loud
March 19th, 2015, 12:17 PM
I hate to laugh, but I am. Only at the irony of it though. If it wasn't for my wife, I wouldn't have any pets. Except for maybe a couple of dogs... a cat... bird... a donkey. :cool: