PDA

View Full Version : Mouring the could have beens.....

snafu
April 9th, 2010, 06:18 PM
I don't know why, but lately I've been mouring the loss of what I'd dreamed our combined family would be like.

KayKay
April 9th, 2010, 08:46 PM
((((snafu))))

snafu
April 9th, 2010, 09:04 PM
part of it is that Lucy's driving thread triggered memories for me.... years ago I'd told DSD that I could take her driving at ______ Community College by my hometown some time when we'd visited my DM .... lots of wide open space, wide curving roads to various parking lots, etc.

I'd also thought that she could go with me & DS when DS was going to/ coming back from his dad's - then she could get practice on the highways

Prom is coming up too.... brings back memories of DSD's freshman year ... told her that eyebrows - if being done - needed to be the week before - not supposed to wear makeup right after getting waxed (setting up & taking her to her appt.), setting up hair appt., taking her to get a purse to go with her dress (the day of the dance :eek:), supprising her with getting a mani & pedi. :D, and buying makeup for her - then when her dad & grandparents took pictures - I'm not in a single one :(

my DM wanted a pict of DSD & one of the three of us (DH, DSD, & I) together. :( She orginally didn't belive that I wasn't inculded - she thought I was mistaken - once she found out that I wasn't...

snafu
June 14th, 2010, 06:14 PM
DH wants to do stuff as a family now - this summer he wants the 4 of us to see a ball game at __________ stadium & he wants to go on a family vacation (to visit friends of his who moved out of state)

I wonder why now?