PDA

View Full Version : Pets' behavior when you're ill

snafu
January 11th, 2010, 01:16 PM
I'm better, but I've been sick for the past 4-5 days.

One of our cats stuck to me the first 3 days - where ever I went, he went. If I was napping, he slept with me, if I was in a chair he was in my lap, etc. He normally doesn't do this. Once I got to feeling better (not well, but close to "normal") he quit "hanging" on me.

Do any of your pets do this when you're ill?

Another Disheartened DIL
January 11th, 2010, 08:49 PM
Glad you're feeling better, Snafu! Both DH and I are now sick:( Yesterday we agreed it was just bad allergies, but we've gotten worse and worse. We have full blown colds, but thankful it's not the flu!!

But yes, Pita, my not normally cuddly kitty has been following me and when I sit, she wants in my lap. When I go into the kitchen for medicine or water, she's walking practically on my feet, sitting on them when I stop! She's being a Pita - though I'm trying to enjoy her affections, since it's not normal...just don't feel good, though!!!

KayKay
January 11th, 2010, 10:37 PM
My female cat does it!! I'd like to think it's that she's being sympathetic, but I think in reality she likes being on top of me when I'm feverish so I can keep her warm. :rolleyes: Glad you're feeling better. :D

HisHeathenHoney
January 12th, 2010, 10:02 PM
im very sick right now and my cat keeps sitting on me
i think he's just waiting for me to croak so he can eat me though

no, constant excruciating ear pain and dizziness hasn;tr soured my perepsective, why do you ask?

KayKay
January 13th, 2010, 09:24 AM
And painkillers haven't affected your typing skills either! :p:rofl:

But seriously, HHH... feel better.

Mrs X
January 18th, 2010, 12:42 AM
DD (14) occasionally gets very bad motion sickness. Today was hot and muggy, and she went with a friend to an amusment park (fair-ground rides on a grand scale) about an hour's drive away. By the time we got home, she was a total cot-case, and stumbled from the car to her bed, saying she was dying.

The dog believed her, and was very sweet, getting on to DD's bed, and offering soft toys. Very cute, DD recovered quickly, and was very touched. :)

snafu
February 13th, 2010, 08:09 AM
DH now has my virous :( .... I'm waiting to see if Ghost attaches himself to my DH like he did to me, when I was so sick.

snafu
March 1st, 2010, 05:19 PM
Ghost seems to react to the severity of the illness

DH with the virus - it didn't bother DH much & the cat didn't act any different

DH & I get home from the ER & Ghost is glued to DH (the ill one), but not me (who was gone with DH the entire time)

snafu
December 27th, 2012, 10:46 AM
I know this is an old thread, but I was ill again :(

and the cats ended up having a fight :eek::( ... ON ME :mad: while I was in bed

both wanted to sleep on me one day (princess never sleeps on me, beside me... yes ... on me NO!) while I was sick, neither wanted to share nor leave :eek: (they've only fought over DS in the past ... and that's when he's been gone to his dad's for extended periods of time)

They ended up sharing after I split them up :rolleyes: ... Ghost slept on my chest (& drooled ... blech), while Princess stretched out & slept on my legs

snafu
September 20th, 2013, 04:19 PM
hurt my back & spent the day with the heating pad

how's that song go ....oh Celia .... I get up to wash my face, when I come back someone's taken my place ...

I got up & when I came back someone (ghost) was on my heating pad - & didn't want to let me have it back :rolleyes:

snafu
October 14th, 2013, 07:54 PM
I've been unwell & have had a napping buddy for awhile - except he's such a bed hog & and attention hog

Annsdil
October 14th, 2013, 11:32 PM
Are we still talking pets here or DH's? ;)

Hope you feel better soon.

snafu
October 15th, 2013, 05:03 AM
the cat ... he creeps closer and closer & I get a face full of fur, so I scoot closer to DH/turn & snuggle DH - repeat that several times :rolleyes: and the cat ends up with half the bed (I'm too sleepy/out of it to think to push him away - tho I do snuggle up to ghost before DH comes to bed)