PDA

View Full Version : any answers???

marwahad
September 12th, 2009, 06:21 AM
hi

As i am involved with morning routine of my son(to get him from bed till dropping him to school bus) , i find it really tough some times.

Now a days he is having one question while getting ready(he doesn't like to brush his teeth and bath daily:mad::mad: , and some times i try to convince him and some times force him to do:rolleyes:)

His question is "Why i should go to school"

i have given him many answers but he is not happy with them:confused::confused:

Any suggestions?

snafu
September 12th, 2009, 06:39 AM
Do you know WHY he's asking? {is he hoping to stay home with his DM?}

Is he resisting school? {is he being picked on/bullied?}

Also, I've forgotten - how old is he? 5 years old?

I need more information, please.

marwahad
September 12th, 2009, 06:50 AM
her mom also does job and she leaves early (before he gets up, thats why i ahve to take care of him)

he never said he is not enjoying there , after he comes back from school he never say that he dont want to got to school.

he is going to be 4 by october this year

Beth
September 12th, 2009, 08:16 AM
One of my grandkids is going through the same thing. He started kindergarten this week. He didn't like it, so he told his mother he is not going any more. He asked "why should I". His mother told him it is the law and you are going.

I haven't talked with my DIL since this happened. I wondered if her response worked? :p

I think sometimes it is hard for the 4 or 5 year old's to separate from their parents.

Mrs X
September 12th, 2009, 01:01 PM
Hi Marwahad, in my family it's hereditary, none of us are "morning people". We aren't good at getting up and going to school/work/sports in the early mornings. Your little boy might be just like us, and he has all my sympathy.

It's not so much that we don't want to go to work/sports etc, it's more that making the effort to get there is really hard, but a 3 or 4 year old doesn't have the words to say this. - It would be fine if we could just appear at whatever venue fully washed, clothed, fed, and in our right minds, but it doesn't happen.

Tell him when he gets older coffee will help, :D but in the mean time he might just need extra cuddles as he wakes up.

I remember how hard it was for my 4yo daughter to finish her breakfast in a timely manner, i used to set the stove timer for 5 mins, and then if she had started eating she would get another 5 mins. If she hadn't then she went without. :(